Export thread

Poulan Pro push mower 21"

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

I've been working on a Poulan push mower, self propelled. It needs either a new air filter base or primer bulb and i can't find the right diagrams. It is a briggs 190 CC engine, i can not find the engine model # anywhere. All i have is the poulan numbers.
Model# 9614200 52 00
serial# 041609M009585

I

ILENGINE

Numbers on that engine should be stamped into the flap that hangs over the muffler. May have to remove the plastic deco cover to see them. Could also be located over the top of the spark plug, in the metal housing. From what I can gather it is a 122TXX engine but without the exact type it will be hard to narrow down the parts.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

I had the whole mower tore apart, cleaning the carb etc. I looked over the muffler and all around that metal (shroud) I guess it's called. never saw any stamped numbers.
Thanks for your reply

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

GOOD LORD! I must need glasses. It says right on the plastic cover. Briggs 625 series...………………………………………………….
:confused2::confused2::confused2::laughing:

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

well looky here what I found!! https://www.jackssmallengines.com/jacks-parts-lookup/part/briggs-stratton/795259
:confused2: I feel so stupid.

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

Scrub why do you need a new base or bulb...... If the gasket that goes on the filter base is torn or not good the primer bulb won't work....

Here is a link to one of my videos I made last year... I did say gas goes in there but it actually shoots a burst of air into the bowl and pushes gas up the main jet and tube to the venturi / throat of the carb..... I need to make a newer updated video. I was in a rush to make that video and I didn't have much memory on my phone.... I got that problem fixed now though.......

https://youtu.be/iuIWIC6NjF8

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

I thought i needed a new base. I wasn't aware i could buy bulb separate. Also the bulb has a bigger than normal hole in it. Where i guess it has wore through/rotted. But i ordered a new bulb and gasket for about 12 dollars.

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

I thought i needed a new base. I wasn't aware i could buy bulb separate. Also the bulb has a bigger than normal hole in it. Where i guess it has wore through/rotted. But i ordered a new bulb and gasket for about 12 dollars.

12 bux is way too much for those parts..... Unless there is shipping involved..............then that is about right .........

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

12 bux is way too much for those parts..... Unless there is shipping involved..............then that is about right .........

Shipping was 6 or 7 bucks.

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

If you need to know how to install the bulb let me know and I'll make video tonight.........

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

I think I can.
But a video would be nice ?

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

I need to do one anyway ... Be glad toooooooo.. wait about 30 minutes and it'll be uploaded on you tube and i'll throw a link on here ~!~!

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

Here ya go Scrub...... It took a lil longer to up load than I thought.... I haven't even looked it yet I hope it came out good .....

https://youtu.be/yXDYq-XgSjA

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

Thank ya! Sure do appreciate it! You're right up there with Taryl and crew!

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

Got the bulb in. But I should've said this earlier. after I prime it will run for a few seconds and die. I'm suspecting the needle valve. What do y'all think?

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

Got the bulb in. But I should've said this earlier. after I prime it will run for a few seconds and die. I'm suspecting the needle valve. What do y'all think?

Yes and no............. LOL Bowl nut which is the main jet... Take it out but leave the bowl on...... The nut will have 2 holes on the side and 1 on top clean those out well then reinstall ........ You should be good to go....

Now I don't know the history of the mower.... Did you own it all the time or just picked it up a few days ago ???

If the jet trick don't work then the carb needs to be taken off........ Then it's time to get with me again on that issue....

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

I will try that.
The mower sat for about 1 year and half.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

It worked!!!! Runs like new now! I pulled a bristle off of a wirebrush and poked and prodded in the holes, you would not believe the gunk i got out of there! I can not thank you enough!

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

You are very welcome ~!~!

Plus Tard Mon Ami ~!~!

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

Scrub where you at in Texas ??? I got a bunch of Cajun cousins in The Louisiana part of Texas ~!~! LOL......

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

Conroe. About 50 miles north of Houston.

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

I got a friend that Lives in Cut N Shoot .......... Next door to you ..........

There are a couple more guys on here that live in Conroe... One lives on the Lake ~!~!

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

I need a side discharge chute for it now

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

I need a side discharge chute for it now

Your best bet is to go to a local can man / scrapyard and look for a frame like yours or a lawn mower junkie yard..

I could maybe find you one but the shipping would be too much.........