Poulan PRo 22hP without OIL !

Freedom

Active Member
I have a Poulan pro 22 HP,

Yesterday I verify the oil and did not closed well the oil dipstick, I used the mower and suddenly it stopped.

I thought I have no more fuel but then I found the awful truth, The motor has almost NO oil. :mad:


Before buying oil and replace it, there is something I should make?

Help!

Freedom
 
Sorry to hear this.
If the engine seized while you were using it due to low/no oil then chances are the engine will be damaged
There are no bearings inside the engine, all plain bushes and they are very prone to damage in a low oil situation.
Excessive heat will have damaged the connecting rods inside the engine
Take the spark plugs out and look inside the cylinders to see if the sides are scratched.
Take the valve covers off to see if the valves open & close smoothly
Take the blower housing off and see if the flywheel will move side to site, it should move up & down about 1/2 to 1 mm any more and the engine is wrecked and requires major repairs.

In your situation I would recommend a full strip down.
Pistons, rings & con rods are cheap.
Cylinders are not.
 
Berts has a very good point and is right. You might just fill it with new oil and see what happens, who knows see you already have done the damage anyways???
 
"I used the mower and suddenly it stopped."

What do you think stopped the engine then ?
 
Back
Top