Export thread

Pop ups

M

mowerman05

Anyone else having problems with a amazon pop up coming up all the time or is it just me, only happens on this site.

cpurvis

cpurvis

I run Firefox with AdBlocker Plus. No popups on this site at all.

D

deminin

I run Firefox with AdBlocker Plus. No popups on this site at all.

I also use ABP...been using it for several years, and it has blocked over 2.5 million ads on my system. It's free and works great.

B

bertsmobile1

There are bannar pop ups that sit within the forum .
The forum puts them there to defray the cost of running the site, remember nothing is really FREE.

I use an anchient computer with an obsolete system so it can not resolve the adds .

M

mowerman05

The pop ups I’m referring to pop up in the middle of the screen and you cat remove them without closing down the app, I am on a I pad and only have this issue with this app and just recently, hope it goes away or I might have to uninstall app and reinstall to see if that helps. Thanks for the replies.

B

bertsmobile1

OK you have been hacked.
Hidden in something you have browsed or downloaded was a routine that displays those pop ups.
Time for a clean up.
And no I have no idea how to do it.
I use my phone as a phone so it has no "free apps" on it because if something is "free" the YOU are what is being sold.
Apart from the remote control for the go-pro that came with the camera.

The forum is best interfaced with from a computer and doing it this way makes controlling your digital life a lot easier.

If ou sync your phone to your computer then the problem softwear could be on there,
So take the phone to a geek and get it cleaned.
Heaven only knows what else is on it, like spywear that is recording banking details for example.