Before you try to bypass any safety switches, confirm by testing a few things first. Check battery voltage, should be 12.6V. Check if you have power to the small wire on the solenoid when you hold the key in the start position. Your solenoid may have two small wires, one is ground and the other is power from the ignition switch. You may need an assistant to help you while you make the check. Try jumping the two large wires on the solenoid with a screwdriver and see if the starter cranks the engine. These checks are simple to make and it will determine if you have a safety switch problem or a battery problem. There is a good possibility that a safety switch is defective but sometimes they are difficult to find and test. Report back with your findings and that will better help us determine where to go next.
Do what LawnRanger says and get back to us. Can't help without good input. Remember we normally get to see what we are working on, now you have to be our eyes and hands.
Rivets,
As I recall, I ran several tests on that Ignition/Key Switch when all this started and it seems to be in good working order. But then on the other hand, I don't know a lot about electrical wiring when it comes to any motorized piece of equipment. Car, Mower, ATV etc..
I might just replace it also while I'm at it, but I guess now I'll look for the Safety Switches....:confused2::thumbdown: