Pony Deck Belt Tension

keakar

Threads
its really easy to "think" the belt goes a certain way only to find out it goes on the idler pulley the other way

the same brand mowers can have way different pulley designs

lay the old belt over the new one and see if they are the same size

Mfluder

Forum Newbie
Threads
Now from the top
Is this your deck ?
View attachment 52023
Is this your deck
If so the the right side pulley ( discharge chute side ) is the tension pulley.
Also if so I can not follow what you are saying about different bolt holes .
According to Jacks the part number is # 95404060 an according to Gates it is equivalent to a 6776BR belt which is 1/2 x 96.48".
Are you sure you are connecting the PTO cable to the right place on the tension plate # 44 in the image above ?
This is the correct deck. The other drawing online is different and incorrect. Because of this discrepancy I'm hesitant to order a belt using the number found it this manual. Which belt should I order for my mower?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The belt that both Star & I recommended .
Ask the vendor to confirm that the belt you are ordering is 96.5" long.
As for running the belt in an L shape it will cause fully wear in the mounts because the belt will be trying to rotate the entire deck where as the T shape there is no twisting of the belt.

Mfluder

Forum Newbie
Threads
Great. Thanks. I think this was the problem. After measuring the belt, it is comming up considerably shorter; it isn't the right one.

Mfluder

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the help everyone. The belt was definitely the wrong length. I can't imagine how my brother in law ran it with the shorter one unless it was in the L configuration.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Thanks for the update.
Believe it or not we have seen this before
Glad it was a simple fix & you are happily mowing again.