please i need help

mr.wrench

Forum Newbie
jd d120 ive replaced battery starter starter solenoid ingnition switch relay . itstart sometimes when I turn the flywheel please I need help after it starts then try to start it again it wont but it will click like it going to I need a service manual jd d120 I can download for free thanks to anyone who helps
 
Last edited:
I had a similar problem like yours and it turned out to be the valve lash needed adjusting. There was so much back pressure in the engine, that the starter could not turn it over most of the time. This was worst when the engine was warm. To test it, take out the plug (or plugs if you have two) and see if it turns over. If it turns over, that may be your problem. If it does not turn over, that was not the problem.
Good luck
 
I had a similar problem like yours and it turned out to be the valve lash needed adjusting. There was so much back pressure in the engine, that the starter could not turn it over most of the time. This was worst when the engine was warm. To test it, take out the plug (or plugs if you have two) and see if it turns over. If it turns over, that may be your problem. If it does not turn over, that was not the problem.
Good luck

thanks jhon
 
There are two small wires attached to tabs on the solenoid. One wire is the ground and the other is power which bridges the solenoid. On the d110 power wire is purple and ground is black. You can test the voltage on the power wire when the clicking happens while normally starting. If the voltage isn't high enough it can't bridge the solenoid to send voltage to the starter.
 
mr.wrench, why do you start a new thread every time you post? Keep to the same thread so people have a history of your problem and can better help.
 
Back
Top