Plant allergies

ReggieDeere

Threads
Is everyone allergic to poison ivy, poison oak, ect. or just some folks. I've never had it in my life, but I'm pretty sure I've been through patches of it.

Greenblades

Threads
It varies among people. I've seen this first hand. I've known people who could run through patches of the stuff (not very many people though) and be fine. I've know others who get near just a piece of contaminated clothing and it runs rampant up their total bodies and they have to go to the emergency room. Some times the allergic reaction changes over the years. Most people I think though, have sort of a spread of reactions in the middle.

The sooner it's washed off (and clothes are washed too--oils persist on those) the less likely it will cause a reaction.

Zeroturn

Threads
I can just look at it and I break out in an itchy rash and then the nasty poison ivy mess spreads on my arms. I wash quick and I wash my clothes too. It just depends I guess. I try to stay out of areas that have poison ivy!

BlueGrass

Threads
My mom is allergic to any evergreen tree or bush. If she touches it she breaks out in hives as for me I don't have a problem with them or any other plant. I've never had poison ivy or have come into contact with it so I don't know if I'm allergic to it.

grnspot110

Threads
Poison ivy has never bothered me (so far). I don't make a habit of it, but I can work in the middle of it with no effects. ~~ grnspot110

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Poison ivy has never bothered me (so far). I don't make a habit of it, but I can work in the middle of it with no effects. ~~ grnspot110

Same here, BUT I have noticed my allergens have been changing... so I don't know for sure if that one has changed or not... Really do not want to test that. Ha! KennyV

JimmyWeb

Threads
I don't know if I'm allergic to poison ivy but any time that I go out and get in any green stuff, I make sure that wash up really well as soon as I get a chance to. The oil from poison ivy does not immediately react with your skin, but don't let it sit on there too long or you'll be sorry.

Is everyone allergic to poison ivy, poison oak, ect. or just some folks. I've never had it in my life, but I'm pretty sure I've been through patches of it.