Planimeter

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I bought an app called Planimeter that tells the area and perimeter of any property. It looks like it will be a big help to estimate yards.

BHLC

Threads
We use it, and it is helpful!

BHLC

Threads
About 1 1/2yrs. The I phone maps always seem to be more up to date. It's a tool we use often, however you don't want it to be the deciding factor on size of the property. It does no show dips and hill and ditches very well. We've been burnt once or twice because we looked at the map but not close at the property. Costly mistake that won't happen again! Now we use it when a customer calls initially then make a site visit.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
About 1 1/2yrs. The I phone maps always seem to be more up to date. It's a tool we use often, however you don't want it to be the deciding factor on size of the property. It does no show dips and hill and ditches very well. We've been burnt once or twice because we looked at the map but not close at the property. Costly mistake that won't happen again! Now we use it when a customer calls initially then make a site visit.

I find it particularly clear on my IPad. The screen on the IPhone is a little small. We run into people all the time that tell us they have a larger or smaller amount than they really have. I recently had a lady tell me she had about 3 acres. There were several bidding on it. Apparently everybody thought 3 acres. I looked at with the app and it was actually less than 2. I have no clue where she got 3 from unless they opened a total of three acres woods included. I bid it accordingly and won the bid. I was bidding on Apples and the others were bidding on oranges so to speak.

We also see this happen for the opposite. People tell you they have a little over an acre when in truth they have 2 or more acres. Then you don't bid an acre and have to cut two for the price.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I use an app on my phone called "andmeasure" its good for giving quick estimates but I tell people its not final until I see the property first hand. Never know if there is going to be a ridiculous amount of weed eating or somthing. Also the app you can't see under the trees. And sometimes Google hasn't updated in a while.

For commercial bids I use one of those contractor wheels to get exact sqfootage. But that's only for the paper I still bid by eyeball I know how long its going to take to mow weedeat and edge. Thing about commercial places is the liability with cars and foot traffic especially the curb bumpers (the cars who bump there tires against the curb parking over the grass) they can cost time and possible property damage. So if parking lots have this type of situation I take that into account

So basically the sqfootage is only for paper not for bid

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I use an app on my phone called "andmeasure" its good for giving quick estimates but I tell people its not final until I see the property first hand. Never know if there is going to be a ridiculous amount of weed eating or somthing. Also the app you can't see under the trees. And sometimes Google hasn't updated in a while. For commercial bids I use one of those contractor wheels to get exact sqfootage. But that's only for the paper I still bid by eyeball I know how long its going to take to mow weedeat and edge. Thing about commercial places is the liability with cars and foot traffic especially the curb bumpers (the cars who bump there tires against the curb parking over the grass) they can cost time and possible property damage. So if parking lots have this type of situation I take that into account So basically the sqfootage is only for paper not for bid

I looked on in the App Store on my IPhone and did not find that app.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Must be android only :( Google earth does it to but Google earth is much slow