Export thread

Picked up all new equipment this morning (pics)

S

sirrobbins

I needed a serious refresh on equipment since moving back to Florida this summer. I typically only do landscaping 2-3 days a week, mostly half days so I did not go all out on the mower. I'll publish prices for anyone curious since pricing is a factor in this section of the forum. On a side note, the PB770T is a BEAST... Low volume it blows rocks without throttle. haha wow

Here's my list of equipment:
Toro Z Master 2000 series 52" with suspension seat $8000.00 w/seat, $7499.00 without seat
Toro Heavy Duty Commercial 21" 22290 $999.00
Echo PB-770T $499.99
Echo SRM-266T $339.99
Echo PE-266 $359.99
Echo SHC-225S $359.99

Lawnboy18

Lawnboy18

Very nice equipment! You did seem to go all out on equipment lol. Do you plan on doing this full time?
What mowers and handhelds did you have before this?

S

sirrobbins

Well, I don't want to go the lowest route. The handheld is all solid stuff. The mower was the entry level to their commercial line. I had a Scag turf tiger and a 48" SW walk behind many years ago. Used Echo products then and still do now. I still do it part time but will be going full time come next spring.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Excellent equipment choices! That Toro 21 looks like a tank. I just got the PB-770T a month ago and love it as well. Can't wait to use it in the leaves. Again, fantastic equipment! :thumbsup:

S

sirrobbins

it pretty much is a tank. Comes in at 112 pounds. Monster at mulching as it should be. I LOVE my Z Master. Been goofing with it in the back yard all day. Can't wait till tomorrow to get it dirty :biggrin: just breaking everything in... All the old Echo stuff has been passed on.

Ric

Ric

Well, I don't want to go the lowest route. The handheld is all solid stuff. The mower was the entry level to their commercial line. I had a Scag turf tiger and a 48" SW walk behind many years ago. Used Echo products then and still do now. I still do it part time but will be going full time come next spring.

The mower maybe entry level but you'll find it to be more than you expect. I really like mine, it has a great cut with the standard blades but will do better with a set of G6 Gator blades. I can't say much about your choice in handheld stuff.

S

sirrobbins

when it comes time to sharpen them, I'll simply replace them with better blades. The factory ones are on the thin side. I presume you are a stihl guy with handhelds?

Ric

Ric

when it comes time to sharpen them, I'll simply replace them with better blades. The factory ones are on the thin side. I presume you are a stihl guy with handhelds?

When you replace the blades the G6 are they way to go, there commercial and will hold an edge longer without sharpening. You presume right, everything Stihl. I use a brand new Echo 500 and 775 both at a new job I just took on, they supplied Brand new mowers and all brand new echo hand held stuff and the echo stuff don't impress me in the least. If I were going to buy a blower now I'd go with the New Stihl BR 450 electric start.

S

sirrobbins

When you replace the blades the G6 are they way to go, there commercial and will hold an edge longer without sharpening. You presume right, everything Stihl. I use a brand new Echo 500 and 775 both at a new job I just took on, they supplied Brand new mowers and all new hand held stuff and they don't do impress me in the least. If I were going to buy a blower now I'd go with the New Stihl BR 450 electric start.

I'm skeptical of the electric start blowers Stihl is releasing. I think it's convenient but a pull string is cheaper and easier to replace than a switch I'm sure. If I went with Stihl (which I did contemplate), I'd get the BR600 as a blower. I went with echo due to having a long history using them and never having issues and of course, my dealer sells them and not stihl. I was close to getting fleet pricing but I did not forsee a chainsaw or pruner at this time being needed. I have a chainsaw that still works but didn't see the need to spend another $800 for 2 pieces of equipment I have no current use for so I missed out on fleet pricing. :frown:

Ric

Ric

I'm skeptical of the electric start blowers Stihl is releasing. I think it's convenient but a pull string is cheaper and easier to replace than a switch I'm sure. If I went with Stihl (which I did contemplate), I'd get the BR600 as a blower. I went with echo due to having a long history using them and never having issues and of course, my dealer sells them and not stihl. I was close to getting fleet pricing but I did not forsee a chainsaw or pruner at this time being needed. I have a chainsaw that still works but didn't see the need to spend another $800 for 2 pieces of equipment I have no current use for so I missed out on fleet pricing. :frown:

The Br 450 has both the electric start and the pull cord so it can be used both ways. I've got 2 Br 600 now that's the only reason a 450 is hanging on the trailer now. You should have gone with the fleet pricing :smile: I carry a chain saw and a pole saw with me all the time and you'll be surprised how handy those two are.

S

sirrobbins

I am kicking myself for not going the extra $800 and doing fleet pricing because it would have knocked $400 off of the $800 come to think of it

B

bertsmobile1

The Br 450 has both the electric start and the pull cord so it can be used both ways. I've got 2 Br 600 now that's the only reason a 450 is hanging on the trailer now. You should have gone with the fleet pricing :smile: I carry a chain saw and a pole saw with me all the time and you'll be surprised how handy those two are.

One the subject of the BR 600's. have you ever pulled one down ?
I am trying to fix low compression , looks like a carbon buildup from the ( poor) bore-o-scope images but I can not get the blower fan off the shaft.
Been at it for months now, don't want to put too much heat on it for fear of melting the plastic fan or too much force for fear of bending the crank.

Lawnboy18

Lawnboy18

One the subject of the BR 600's. have you ever pulled one down ?
I am trying to fix low compression , looks like a carbon buildup from the ( poor) bore-o-scope images but I can not get the blower fan off the shaft.
Been at it for months now, don't want to put too much heat on it for fear of melting the plastic fan or too much force for fear of bending the crank.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGgy2xxS2BA

B

bertsmobile1

Thanks for the video.
Done all that.
1400 Ft/lb impact wrench
2' breaker bar
3' breaker bar
and finally the big 1" drive 6' breaker bar.
Stuck solid on the crank
Blower is only 18 months old and they go $ 800 down here
I did want to sacrifice the fan but the owner is not too keen on that idea.

Lawnboy18

Lawnboy18

Thanks for the video.
Done all that.
1400 Ft/lb impact wrench
2' breaker bar
3' breaker bar
and finally the big 1" drive 6' breaker bar.
Stuck solid on the crank
Blower is only 18 months old and they go $ 800 down here
I did want to sacrifice the fan but the owner is not too keen on that idea.

There must be something wrong. No one can help around you like a dealer mechanic? Is the thread inverted maybe (don't want to sound stupid)

S

sirrobbins

Took her out to her first big property today. LOVE her to death. Suspension seat makes a helluva difference

Lawnboy18

Lawnboy18

Nice picture and machine!

S

sirrobbins

Picked up a backup mower this morning and another blower (used) a few weeks ago. Stihl BR430 and Gravely Pro 1334G. Haven't cut with the Gravely yet but love the weightless feel of the BR430. Feels much lighter on my back than my PB770T. The Gravely is a 2006 model and only has 108 hours on it. Owner used it for own property and that was it. Paid $1K even for it.

Lawnboy18

Lawnboy18

Good find!

If you like the BR430, you will like the BR600 even more! Lighter, smaller, more powerfull.