picked up a nice 8244

ironhorse

Threads
got this one for free!, guy i got it from didn't know what was wrong with it, said just take it if you want it, hard to pass up that deal. found a pine needle in the inlet assy. in the carb, flushed the tank and carb. gave the mower a good cleaning (was shocked at how clean it really was), it fired right up and runs as new, self propelled system works great, a few other small fixes, and this mower turned out to be very nice for a 1988 mower, i'm happy with it:biggrin:[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Attachments

• DSCF0053.jpg
    DSCF0053.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 17
  • DSCF0052.jpg
    DSCF0052.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 14

Rudedog

Threads
Let me be the first to say "You suck sir"! Great find! I am not a fan of self propelled but that mower looks awesome.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCF0051 (Small).jpg
    DSCF0051 (Small).jpg
    70 KB · Views: 37
  • DSCF0052 (Small).jpg
    DSCF0052 (Small).jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 37
  • DSCF0053 (Small).jpg
    DSCF0053 (Small).jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 36

ironhorse

Threads
thanks rudedog, it was so nice that what few things that needed replaced just for looks has been, and now looks even better, i was never a big fan of the selfpropelled either, but this one really does work like new, must have been a very low hour mower. just got back from picking up a very clean john deere lt133, it looks in near new condition, i'll get some pics up soon:thumbsup:

Rudedog

Threads
I like the John Deere. I understand that the Kohler on that is a strong engine with hydraulic lifters and pressured oil system. I have a small Wheel Horse 8-25 with a chain drive rear wheels. My yard is not big enough for a standard lawn tractor and I also have about five cords of wood stacked in the way. I'm jealous.

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCF0057 (Small).jpg
    DSCF0057 (Small).jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 35

ironhorse

Threads
I like the John Deere. I understand that the Kohler on that is a strong engine with hydraulic lifters and pressured oil system. I have a small Wheel Horse 8-25 with a chain drive rear wheels. My yard is not big enough for a standard lawn tractor and I also have about five cords of wood stacked in the way. I'm jealous.

attachment.php

i not a big fan of the kohler engine in these, but this one looks to be very low hours, was hoping it had the kaw engine, but what i got this for, i'm not complaining. i take it you must be into saws as well, one of my other favorites, but i have so many, it was time to upgrade my mowers

ironhorse

Threads
a couple of my classic saws, many more where these came from[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• DSCF0024.jpg
    DSCF0024.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 8
  • DSCF0005.jpg
    DSCF0005.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 7