Export thread

picked up a nice 8244

ironhorse

ironhorse

got this one for free!, guy i got it from didn't know what was wrong with it, said just take it if you want it, hard to pass up that deal. found a pine needle in the inlet assy. in the carb, flushed the tank and carb. gave the mower a good cleaning (was shocked at how clean it really was), it fired right up and runs as new, self propelled system works great, a few other small fixes, and this mower turned out to be very nice for a 1988 mower, i'm happy with it:biggrin:[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Attachments

Rudedog

Rudedog

Let me be the first to say "You suck sir"! Great find! I am not a fan of self propelled but that mower looks awesome.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

ironhorse

ironhorse

thanks rudedog, it was so nice that what few things that needed replaced just for looks has been, and now looks even better, i was never a big fan of the selfpropelled either, but this one really does work like new, must have been a very low hour mower. just got back from picking up a very clean john deere lt133, it looks in near new condition, i'll get some pics up soon:thumbsup:

ironhorse

ironhorse

a pic of the new john deereDSCF0057.jpg

Rudedog

Rudedog

I like the John Deere. I understand that the Kohler on that is a strong engine with hydraulic lifters and pressured oil system. I have a small Wheel Horse 8-25 with a chain drive rear wheels. My yard is not big enough for a standard lawn tractor and I also have about five cords of wood stacked in the way. I'm jealous.

attachment.php

Attachments

ironhorse

ironhorse

I like the John Deere. I understand that the Kohler on that is a strong engine with hydraulic lifters and pressured oil system. I have a small Wheel Horse 8-25 with a chain drive rear wheels. My yard is not big enough for a standard lawn tractor and I also have about five cords of wood stacked in the way. I'm jealous.

attachment.php

i not a big fan of the kohler engine in these, but this one looks to be very low hours, was hoping it had the kaw engine, but what i got this for, i'm not complaining. i take it you must be into saws as well, one of my other favorites, but i have so many, it was time to upgrade my mowers

ironhorse

ironhorse

a couple of my classic saws, many more where these came from[/ATTACH]

Attachments