Export thread

Pets

A

abeja_reina_1989

What kind of animals do you guys have? Any strange pets? The strangest pet in my house is a lizard, but it's not mine. We have 2 frogs, 2 dogs and a cat also.

B

brucesdeere

I have 4 dogs, 6 cats, we did have some fish, but an oops with fish, thought I bought an algae eater, but apparently that's not what they gave me, and he ate the other fish, oh did I mention I had a goat too?

JDgreen

JDgreen

What kind of animals do you guys have? Any strange pets? The strangest pet in my house is a lizard, but it's not mine. We have 2 frogs, 2 dogs and a cat also.

Currently 4 house cats, sometimes 5, depends....also have several "barn cats" in various seasons. It amazes me that people can have cats and dogs together with no problems.

lizard

lizard

Dogs and cats get on better than humans do.........just observe the Body language!:mad::cool:

173abn

173abn

I've got 3 dogs and some Koi which I consider pets.Had a parakeet but he died this summer. russ

K

KennyV

This is the first time in decades that I have not had a dog... just not ready yet..

I do have an inside cat... ( I always thought that could NEVER happen) I have always had several barn cats, they seem happy to see me everyday, but will have nothing to do with anyone else ever... cats are different... :smile:KennyV

grnspot110

grnspot110

"Chief" is more of a kid than a pet! :biggrin:

He don't know nuthin 'bout no Dawg! :laughing:

We do have two Koi & an unknown number of outdoor goldfish in two ponds, ~~ grnspot110

Attachments

JDgreen

JDgreen

This is the first time in decades that I have not had a dog... just not ready yet..

I do have an inside cat... ( I always thought that could NEVER happen) I have always had several barn cats, they seem happy to see me everyday, but will have nothing to do with anyone else ever... cats are different... :smile:KennyV

Kenny, I never had much use for cats myself, but back in '92 my girlfriend decided to move in with me, and shortly after that her cats invited themselves over too...:laughing:.

Every since then we have always had at least two, and currently have four or five, plus any "barn cats" we aquire this winter. They say laughter is good medicine, and if that is true I will live to be well over 100, because the antics my kitties provide me with make me howl with laughter many times a day. And I'M the one now who wants to adopt more felines. Go figger!!!:laughing::laughing:

K

KennyV

Every since then we have always had at least two, and currently have four or five, plus any "barn cats" we aquire this winter. They say laughter is good medicine, and if that is true I will live to be well over 100, because the antics my kitties provide me with make me howl with laughter many times a day. And I'M the one now who wants to adopt more felines. Go figger!!!:laughing::laughing:

Yep... cats are a hoot...
This guy I have, or should I say that adopted me... allows me to live here with him. He's pretty special for sure. And if I'm inside, he is right there always. I think he keeps watch of me, and he must find me rather amusing also... KennyV

RobertBrown

RobertBrown

173abn

173abn

Robert,I saw that dog on the news,funny! russ

grnspot110

grnspot110

Chief prefers to pay homage to my (his) tractors :biggrin: :

Attachments

B

brucesdeere

Cute! I just lost a dog recently and a cat. We haven't replaced the fish yet, just haven't got around to it. We will soon, I do know that.

S

Stevie-Ray

Cats are the low-maintenance pet. Ours are Tonks and are now about 13 years old. They've been the perfect pets. First is Max, a Platinum Mink, and his litter-mate Gunner, a Blue Mink.

Attachments

S

Stevie-Ray

The wife & I lost our beloved Gunner today on his birthday, as he lost his battle with cancer. Gunner was a 13 year old beautiful Blue Mink Tonkinese cat. I feel as though I've been kicked in the gut. Over 12 years of unconditional love. A better friend, companion and pet never existed. Gunner, you were simply the best, and you'll always be Daddy's boy. Be sure to look in on your brother from time to time.

RIP, Gunner 11/17/97 - 11/17/10

K

KennyV

RIP, Gunner 11/17/97 - 11/17/10

Very sorry to hear that ...
As I set here reading this, my big boy, cat is on my lap ... as usual, can never sit down without him needing to join me...

good luck adjusting to a great loss... KennyV

G

Green Girl

We have two Chesapeake Bay Retrievers and a Maine Coon cat. However, we have had an interesting array of "visitors" courtesy of our cat. He dragged a live bat through the cat flap on Halloween one year as we were turning in for the night----he gets locked in on Halloween now.....

K

KennyV

He dragged a live bat through the cat flap on Halloween one year as we were turning in for the night----he gets locked in on Halloween now.....

Idaho bats only come around on halloween? :laughing:

Cats are good at finding surprises... :smile:KennyV

C

carl22

It's amazing how attached we get to our pets. I currently have a long haired Chihauhau/Yorkie mix that is the most loving dog I've ever seen. It would kill me to lose her. I also have a couple of yellow Tabby "field and barn" cats. I'm not really a cat person and I'd never have one in the house (I can't imagine cleaning a litter box), but they're good at keeping mice and snakes away.