PB-755T out of long storage advice

Vanousb

Threads
I recently acquired a Echo PB-755T that had been in storage for about 1.5 years. Was drained of fuel and left clean before stored. I added new plug, air filter like new, and carb seemed clean, so added clean mix of gas to see if it would fire up. Primed fine (no primer bulb dry rot). Started after a few pulls with lots of smoke (white). I assumed from lack of being started in over a year. It has strong blowing power, but when I throttle is cuts out. Did seem to improve after a few starts, but it still seems to decide to cut out after a short run, usually if I throttle up and then let go. Any experienced folks have advice on general things to check or do for a blower that has been sitting empty but in good environment for so long to get running smooth. Thanks

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Loosen the muffler and try again ( it will be very loud ) .
Things like to set up residence in 2 stroke mufflers then die in there partially blocking the outlet so when you go to full power the engine chokes on its own exhaust.
Typical symptoms of this is engine will idle a full tank through but stalls out when the trigger is pulled
If the spark arrestor screen is still in place it can rust when not in use and cause the same symptoms

Vanousb

Threads
Able to keep running with little constant throttle. Stayed running when throttled up, but stalls on idle.