Export thread

Parts For Homelite UT-20769 Trimmer

L

lindylex

I am having some difficulty finding parts for this trimmer. This is my issue. I can find them at various sources. Does anyone have a source that might have most of the part so I can minimize on shipping cost?

These are the part numbers.

98766A GASKET-Carburetor
06900A GASKET-Heat Dam
04388B GASKET-Cylinder
08661 GASKET-Crankcase Cove
PS04000 GASKET-Muffler

- Can I make a muffler gasket? If yes what kind of material is used that handles the heat?

dougand3

dougand3

You may be able to find a muffler gasket sheet at AZ, AA, Oreiilys, etc and cut it. Bet it would be a royal pain. You may find an old Homelite trimmer on FB or CL - then rob the parts. Bad timing - I recently gave one of these away in a lot of broken trimmers.

B

bertsmobile1

Order than all from a mower shop or better still from a repair shop that does not sell new mowers.
All of the after market parts companies like Rotary, Oregon, Prime Line, Stens do a pack of assorted squares of gasket board
The muffler ones are a PIA to cut I use a knibbler
To do the holes I clamp it between 2 sheets of scrap ply or MDF and drill though.
Even then the holes need trimming
Stens part number is 480-806

L

lindylex

Thanks dougand3 and bertsmobile1 for the help. I emailed 4 local shops to see if they have parts. I await a response.
I have noticed in the past that they have model numbers for parts from newer trimmers that do match.
What I have always wanted to know is. Is there a resource where I can see chronologically the models made by any manufacturer?

B

bertsmobile1

Not as far as I know.
ARI who supply the parts lists you see on most retail web sites are the closest you will get and it costs big bucks to have a direct subscription.
Even then they can only archive & make available the IPL's that the manufacturers sell to them and many Sthil is a good example will only allow registered Stihl dealers to access this information .

L

lindylex

Not as far as I know.
ARI who supply the parts lists you see on most retail web sites are the closest you will get and it costs big bucks to have a direct subscription.
Even then they can only archive & make available the IPL's that the manufacturers sell to them and many Sthil is a good example will only allow registered Stihl dealers to access this information .
They try to make it all so difficult for anyone to repair.

S

smallengtech

i know this is old thread but has the op found those items yet

StarTech

StarTech

Per my most recent price file download so OP probably had to make at least three of the gaskets.

98766A GASKET-Carburetor Superseded to 900994004
06900A GASKET-Heat Dam NLA
04388B GASKET-Cylinder Superseded to 900953001
08661 GASKET-Crankcase Cover Not listed
PS04000 GASKET-Muffler NLA Only available complete muffler is purchased.

Several of these items are available NOS on eBay.