Export thread

Part numbers needed....

G

giovanni1

I am having difficulty finding the correct part number for a mulch plug that will fit an HRC216 pictured below. I would not mind the numbers for the bag/frame as well. thanks. just picked this machine up but no parts came with it.

Attachments

R

Rivets

I may be wrong, but I don’t think that model had a mulch plug. Please post a pic of the ID tag with all the numbers so we can see which of the 13 different models of the HRC216 you have.

M

mechanic mark

Click on all HRC216 mowers for parts.

O

olgeezershonda

They were an accessory item that is likely no longer available. You could however inquire at your local Honda Power Equipment dealer.

G

giovanni1

Hi, I checked that website, but I dont see any mulch plug listed.

O

olgeezershonda

Hi, I checked that website, but I dont see any mulch plug listed.
As requested earlier by Rivets provide us a complete model number and serial number. Pictures are not that helpful.

D

dfbrown

I am having difficulty finding the correct part number for a mulch plug that will fit an HRC216 pictured below. I would not mind the numbers for the bag/frame as well. thanks. just picked this machine up but no parts came with it.
Hi. If that is YOUR actual hrc216hxa K3 model. You have to look up the model and serial number. Then go to cutter housing (the mower deck picture) and look very top right. Part is cheap like under $12.00 usd. All over the web for sale. They did come with the mowers when purchased new at dealer.
part number is

Honda 76266-via-000za stuffing *nh105* mat black

let me know how you make out. There everywhere for sale.

I would take a picture of your model/ serial number tag on your mower and keep it somewhere so if and when you order parts you have it. That way you do not order wrong parts down the road.

D

dfbrown

Sorry I forgot you wanted bag kit too

Honda 06813-vk6-610 bag kit, grass

look on internet. Prices all around. $100.00 plus up to $150.00
good luck

a rear / side discharge kit is also available.
honda 06814-vk6-000. Approximately $50.00 range

btw you have what is called A Honda HRC216HXA. It’s a K3 model. K3 is the 4th generation of Honda commercial mower. Was a hrc216 from 1989 to 1995. Hrc216k1 from 1996 to 2005. Honda hrc216k2 from 2005-2007. Hrc216k3 from 2008 to current day. Honda doesn’t have any model years but I know when they made them from if that makes sense. Just double check your serial number but your picture is definitely a K3 model which is current.

G

giovanni1

HRC2163HXC MAKA

D

dfbrown

HRC2163HXC MAKA
Need the numbers after that letters MAKA. For the serial number. Btw. You must be in Canada. It’s the C in hxc. Canada market.

H

HurstGN

An interesting post on the mulch plug and saving a few bucks https://www.lawnmowerforum.com/threads/works-almost-as-well-as-the-plug-honda-hr-214-mower.67211/ Well, save a bunch of bucks actually.

G

giovanni1

the model numbers I have are slightly different. I dont have the 'K' and I dont see the HX'C' anywhere listed. Is that because I am in Canada? or will the others fit as well?

HRC2163HXC
MAKA 1143900

76266-VK6-000ZA​

This one is listed under the HX'A' . I am assuming that is America? But will work with mine? (that is the mulch plug number) Slightly different than your number provided

B

bertsmobile1

Yep.Most of what you can get on the web will be USA only .
Dealers can of curse get all of the international numbers.
So you need to do things like substitute the America A for you Canada C .
The K gets deleted from some numbers as it only stands for a revision so K2 & 2 ( in the same position ) have the same meaning .
Stens have a decoding section in the references on their web page & I have posted the Honda one a few times but it is not on this computer but it is on the forum if you search "Honda Codes" you should find it

G

giovanni1

So the number I found is slightly different than the one you had posted for the plug

76266-VK6-000ZA vs your 76266-via-000za​

what is the 'vk6' vs 'via' difference? just want to make sure...

D

DOB

That model doesn't have a mulch plug

J

JBplays

That model doesn't have a mulch plug
It does have a mulch plug. The mower is a HRC-216HXA K3. It's just the Canadian version, instead of the US version.

G

giovanni1

I may have had some luck. The local Honda dealer says he has found one and is going to ship it to the dealership. Hopefully it fits!

76266-VK6-000ZA I was told is the correct part #​

Now if I can track down a bag I will be happy. He gave me a price for the bag ($38CAD) but by the time you add the frame and the whole bag assembly I am not sure it is worth it. Would not mind tracking down a used one in any condition.

V

vonrick33

Honda 76266-VG4-020ZA Stuffing Mulch Plug NH105--21.99-- Amazon has it in limited supply.

G

giovanni1

You have a different part number listed...

G

giovanni1

Just an update... the plug came in today at the dealer and just wanted to say that it fits the machine just fine. Thanks to all. Hopefully, I can find a used grass bag somewhere for it.

B

bertsmobile1

Just an update... the plug came in today at the dealer and just wanted to say that it fits the machine just fine. Thanks to all. Hopefully, I can find a used grass bag somewhere for it.
Bags are not hard to make from heavy weight denim if you want to stay clean or fine shade cloth if you want stuff a lot of grass into the bad & catch every clipping or denim top & back with shade cloth sides for a compromise .
If of course you have a frame to hang it off .

G

giovanni1

Unfortunately, I need the entire bag assembly.

E

enigma-2

Now if I can track down a bag I will be happy. He gave me a price for the bag ($38CAD) but by the time you add the frame and the whole bag assembly I am not sure it is worth it. Would not mind tracking down a used one in any condition.
This is new, but not too bad of a price. (Or do you need the frame as well?)

G

giovanni1

yes I need the whole grass bag assembly.

J

JBplays

Unfortunately, I need the entire bag assembly.
You can usually find a used bag assembly on ebay. However, I looked, and couldn't find one.

I'll check tonight, and see if my bag on my hrx217 will work on my hrc216. The baggers on the hrx217's are pretty easy to find, bc Honda sold ALOT more hrx217's than hrc216's. The main difference is, the bagger on the hrc216 has a plastic lid that fits on it, like the old hr214 and hr215's had. Here's one on ebay, just for reference- https://www.ebay.com/itm/124181847559?hash=item1ce9d09e07:g:wm4AAOSw0V1etzZ0

E

enigma-2

Hard to find used. Here's a site that details to parts and part numbers. May be able to piece one together from you you have as a starting point.
https://www.dealercostparts.com/oemparts/a/hpe/5e14b0f187a8660b14055d4c/grass-bag

E

enigma-2