Output shaft looks deformed?? Is this a problem?

The key in that particular pulley stack was originally welded in as a part of the assý. Probably the long bolt holding pulley assý loosened letting the pulley work back and forth until it broke off then proceeded wallow the crankshaft keyway. Smooth the edges of the crankshaft keyway, install a good pulley and new key or one with a good welded in key, tighten the bolt holding the pulley assembly in place properly and you will be OK. Last part is important.

Walt Conner
 
Thanks, I thought that might be a welded key. its from an old mower my buddy replaced when the deck rusted out and broke. I snatched it up as a spare for my zero turn since I have a similar briggs on it now. My mower has a electric PTO on it so hopefully this wont be any issue..... Guess we will see if and when that day comes.
 
407777 1" Diameter x 3-5/32" Length
Drilled & Tapped 7/16"-20 - Full 1/4" Keyway
405577 1" Diameter 3-5/32"
Drilled & Tapped 7/16-20, Keyway

They are a match so you have a direct replacement.

Keyways and something you buy and insert into the grove then add your accessory. It is used to allow engine to turn the accessory.

Can someone verify this info for me? I was speaking with some people about ordering a new repower professional grade engine or commercial vanguard and Briggs is telling them the proper replacement for mine would have 1 - 1/8 shaft and 4 - 5/16 length? Now I'm real concerned because one or the other is wrong...
 
Back
Top