OUCHY!!!!!!!!

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I got hurt this year with a ratchet strap around a flat tire , trying to release it after being aired up. I have about one minor accident per year in my shop. I try to be as careful as possible. Please be safe and I’m glad your finger isn’t worse.
I did the same thing in May of this year. Cost me 8 stitches in my right forearm.. And the funny thing is this happened 3 days after talking to a guy that lost the tip of his thumb at the knuckle doing the same thing we did.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
After 2 "oh crap" moments trying to seat tire beads I got an air blast bead seater. One of my best purchases ever. Actually have 2 now. Once you use one you won't use anything else.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
It's better than ether?
One of the oh crap moments involved a tire and a can of ether. Luckily I had my head turned so I just burned all the hair off my right arm and the back of my head and first degree burns on the backs of my hand and fingers. Did the ether trick a bunch of times but it just takes one screw up.
If you ever use an air blast seater you won't want to use anything else. Even seats the triangular ones that get sent banded squashed flat.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I fit new tyres to the outside of the rims then leave them like that for as long as possible so the tyre walls stretch out
When setting the bead remove the valve & use an air duster with a big hole .
Once the beads seat remove the duster and put the valve in
During this time the tyre will deflate enough to undo the strap without loosing a finger
And yes some times I have to do it 3 times .

As for bearings I use an air hammer and rivet setter because it is long enough to go the full length of the spindle housings .
Got some very long chisel bits coming from China by row boat it seems
Have tried this trick I use here. When a new tire comes I install an inner tube and air up tube. Then I let this sit out in the hot sun and then the next morning when tire has cooled back down remove the tube and install the tire. Most times it works.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm finally getting new nail growing in. You can see where the blade cut into my nail and a little of the quick. The nail actually grew back together in most places. But I've been a little rough on it lately, so the crack is showing. All the colors that popped up under the nail was weird. It's down to yellow, black and brown not.

1688259162390.png