opinions on buying a used Exmark lazer z

tigerfan

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am looking to get a ZT mower for my 2+ acre lawn. I am currently looking at a new Gravely HD52, or a 10 year old used Exmark Lazer Z. The Exmark has 1660 hrs on the meter but supposedly only 100 or so hours on the Kohler Pro 23 motor. It also has a new seat, battery, battery cables and has been completely serviced with new fluids and filters. The Pictures look great. What are your opinions on the two mowers. Price is $2500 vs $4500.

KeithAlbert

Threads
Was the Exmark used by a contractor? That is not a lot of hours for a 10 year old machine. I would prefer a Kawasaki engine over a Kohler just because of fuel consumption. The price seems right though!

indypower

Threads
I worked for a landscaper for 1 summer. He used an Exmark Laser Z with the Kawasaki engine. The only problem we ever had with it was the time he forgot to shut off the gas while transporting it. Flooded, would not start, gas filed the crank case. Drain the oil, started it, smoked for a couple mins, and back to work. The only thing I didn't like was the way the bags installed. They have hooks on the front of the bag to hold them in place. I feel that is not necessary as the top of the catcher would hold the bags in place just fine. Other then that, the Exmark is an great machine.