older sml 3.5hp? tecumsa tiller engine

hoj

Member
I am a retired guy who has been fixing small engines for friends and neighbors free of charge for many years I am usually 75% affective on units It's not to often I get stumped but I got 1 now that I need help and advice on THANKS in advance!!!!!

small older tiller engine that has NOOOOOO spark It was stored in a moist area for a few months but before that it ran great!!!! I have replaced points (gapped right), condensor, coil and plug wire, checked wiring, flywheel has no wobble is tight--- the only thing I have not replaced was/is the u shaped metal device that holds the coil (armature???) engine sits on a GILSON tiller -great little item and hate to trash it

have decent compression

TXAGAIN for any help direction etc. BOB
 
Turn the flywheel until the magnet lines up with coil.Put the gauge/card between coil assembly and flywheel.Then set air gap clearance.I'm not sure what you mean by squeezing from side back of engine.
 
weird do not get /see any spark when I touch the head/block with the plug -and puling cord BUT 2x now I get a hell of a jolt while holding the plug against the block nu plug and old plug what's with that???????

tx hoj
 
gapped flywheel/coil with B card still non fire but getting spark or at least a shock from plug wire while holdingn against block but noooooo spark on/at plug???????????????????????????????????????????
 
just redid compression check only got 50lbs seems toooooo low for it to start????????????????????????? whatadayathunka??????????????

tx bob
 
Back
Top