older scag cant find a module ? do i have one , 18hp kolher eng. and no power going to ing switch ? missing a wire ?

skipperx

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / older scag cant find a module ? do i have one , 18hp kolher eng. and no power going to ing switch ? missing a wire ?
trying to get this mower to start with the key switch , prints dont help much not getting power to ing. switch might be a missing wire ,only starts when i jump the solenoid, need much help ! thx

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / older scag cant find a module ? do i have one , 18hp kolher eng. and no power going to ing switch ? missing a wire ?
And which of the thousands of Scag mowers do you own and need help with. Model and serial number would be a good starting point for us to have some direction to what you need.

skipperx

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the reply i bought this used which i cant afford a new one ,,, ok this unit is older , its a super z cant find any model no. it has a magnum kohler 18 hp motor , its been painted over a few times and i don't see any older tags on it if i could find one i would scrape the paint off of it ,and post it. I wondering why i don't have power to the ing. switch ? i have clean the connection plugs and lubes with die ele. grease for better contact , still no luck , the only way it starts is if i jump the the two big lungs on the seinoid .

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
You are bound to have power to the swith for the PTO and fuel solenoid to work. If it has a fuel solenoid. Start with safety switches and PTO switch since the start circuit goes throuh it.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
That brings it down to six serial number breaks. Wiring diagram the same for all six. If has a Kohler Magnum engine then it is a transplant as they came with a CV series. Hopefully engine model/spec decal is still readable.

Scag SSZ-18CV
1700226561439.png
1700227424185.png1700227456617.png

skipperx

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have all safety switches jumped out , still cant get it to crank over at the key switch , i even bought a new key switch , dang this thing !

skipperx

Forum Newbie
Threads
don't know if i have a fuel solenoid,

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I have all safety switches jumped out , still cant get it to crank over at the key switch , i even bought a new key switch , dang this thing !
don't know if i have a fuel solenoid,
First when you say youy can't get to crank over, what are exactly saying? The starter not operating or is the engine just not firing up?

Second your comments sounds like you have no idea how the electrical system works. Because if the starter is operating and no the engine is firing up you may jumper the wrong safety switch terminals.

skipperx

Forum Newbie
Threads
i jumped out each switch , the one has 4 prongs so i jumped out the ones that read continuity, and i do not have a fuel solenoid, installed a new starter and the motor spins faster only when i jump out the solenoid , now this twin kohler motor showing spark on one cyl. only ,dang this thing , your right i don't know much about elec. but i had a guy thats a electrician in a commercial plant and he says i have a wire missing ,,, don't know still studying elec. print ,

Richie F

Threads
i jumped out each switch , the one has 4 prongs so i jumped out the ones that read continuity, and i do not have a fuel solenoid, installed a new starter and the motor spins faster only when i jump out the solenoid , now this twin kohler motor showing spark on one cyl. only ,dang this thing , your right i don't know much about elec. but i had a guy thats a electrician in a commercial plant and he says i have a wire missing ,,, don't know still studying elec. print ,
Well if this guy knows, show him the wiring diagram and stop throwing parts at it.