Old Snapper Hi-Vac for commercial use

Jwb

Threads
I am looking at an old Snapper on craigslist for $110. I was told by somebody that it would be a good mower for me assuming it is all in working order. Does anybody have any opinions on this mower? Right now I only get about five jobs a week but I hope to get more eventually.

Threads
I am looking at an old Snapper on craigslist for $110. I was told by somebody that it would be a good mower for me assuming it is all in working order. Does anybody have any opinions on this mower? Right now I only get about five jobs a week but I hope to get more eventually.

That is the one of the best mowers ever, but I don't know how it will stand up to commercial use. It will be fine for now, but if you expand you might need a different mower. Depending on what kind of condition it is in now will dictate how long it will last.

Jwb

Threads
So assuming it is in good condition it is worth the $110 that he is asking for it? I know I will need to get something different eventually but can't afford a new commercial mower right now. I am just looking for something that will do a good job for me for awhile untill I can get more business.

My_guy99

Threads
Sound a little to good of a deal honestly.

Threads
So assuming it is in good condition it is worth the $110 that he is asking for it? I know I will need to get something different eventually but can't afford a new commercial mower right now. I am just looking for something that will do a good job for me for awhile untill I can get more business.

Yes, it is worth the $110.

Jwb

Threads
I really want the honda hrx217 but I can not afford it right now. I am going to take a look at the snapper tomorrow and then I have a guy that wants to buy my hrr216 for $120. So I should come out $10 ahead.... This is an unrelated topic but if any of you are professionals how do you do your advertising to get more business? I am slowly getting more business but would like it to pick up faster. I just post on CL right now and then get some people through word of mouth. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Threads
I really want the honda hrx217 but I can not afford it right now. I am going to take a look at the snapper tomorrow and then I have a guy that wants to buy my hrr216 for $120. So I should come out $10 ahead.... This is an unrelated topic but if any of you are professionals how do you do your advertising to get more business? I am slowly getting more business but would like it to pick up faster. I just post on CL right now and then get some people through word of mouth. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I love talking about this stuff, so be ready for a long response. First off, when you get enough money, definitely buy the HRX217. It is the best mower!!! OK. Advertising. What I do is I make flyers and hand them out at the beginning of the season. SPEND TIME ON THESE. I was ralking to some of my customers and they were VERY impressed with my flyer. If a person gets 2 flyers for lawn care, they are going to pick the one that looks the best. Make that one yours. Also, you can hand out more flyers later in the season, like advertising leaf clean-up or snow removal. Word-of-mouth goes a LONG way. In my neighborhood, a lot of people talk to eachother, so it is very important. Someone moved into the neighborhood and they didn't have a mower. They asked their neighbor who they should call and the person said ME. Word-of-mouth is #1. Also, I have a yard sign in my yard, so everyone that drives by sees it. Underneath the sign, sometimes I laminate a paper that says "I DO SNOW REMOVAL", to get their attention. So along with the actual sign, you can have a little billboard underneath it to say anything you want. Also, you could have a website.
I hope this helps.
If you have any other questions, feel free to ask them! :smile:
-fanatic