Oil In push rod galley?

Glasguy

Forum Newbie
Threads
I know I have the thread on the head gasket but I just want to make sure if one thing. On all these videos on YouTube that I see where these people are changing or adjusting the valve covers on Intek Vtwin OHV engines I see NO oil inside the valve cover. I am use to seeing oil inside my valve cover on my car engine but the question is on These beigs Vtwin engines is it not good to have oil puddling In the push rod galley and oil in the valve cover when looking I side this engine. I am sorry for asking this question again but I just want to be clarified On This particular question. When I took my valve cover off it had oil sitting In The valve cover and puddled In The push rod galley and where does this oil come from and where does it go to. Just trying to learn how the oiling process works on this type of engine and what's good and what's not good. I do know that oil o. The spark plug is not good lol. I have learned this. Thanks again for replies. I feel stupid as hell for asking this question by the way lol. But a question is a question I guess....

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
don't believe anything you see on Youtube.
A lot of it is staged and the motor has alreday been pulled down then reassembled so it will come apart seamlessly on the video to masaage the already inflated egos of most of the clots who post on Y-Tube to show the world how fantastic that are.
Rocker boxes on mower engines should have a good amount of oil in there.
every one I pull down has.
And i have never had a mower come apart as easily and cleanly as they do on Y-Tube but on the other hand I don't have to worry about getting oil stains in the draws of my $ 2000 tool chest or on my $ 25,000 penis extension masquerading as a tool kit.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
All I own is an Intek (Craftsman dyt 4000)so a low sample size, but one I know well. Since 2009 (new) I have been into to valve area many ties. When checking valves I have never seen more than 2-3 tablespoons of oil drain off into a catch can. It appears the oil to the head and valve stems is a fog of oil droplets, enough to lubricate the valve stem , but offering very little cooling. I won't speak (again) about the cooling deficiency of this arrangement.

Glasguy

Forum Newbie
Threads
All I own is an Intek (Craftsman dyt 4000)so a low sample size, but one I know well. Since 2009 (new) I have been into to valve area many ties. When checking valves I have never seen more than 2-3 tablespoons of oil drain off into a catch can. It appears the oil to the head and valve stems is a fog of oil droplets, enough to lubricate the valve stem , but offering very little cooling. I won't speak (again) about the cooling defieciency of this arrangement.

Thanks for the information. I was begining to wonder as to what lubricates the valves on these engines besides the obvious answer. OIL!! Thanks!!

Tinkerer200

Threads
Of course there has to be oil in the valve cover left from the oil mist which lubricates the valve components. Where does it go - there is an oil drain hole at the bottom of the pushrod chamber that drains the oil back to the crankcase. Sometimes the pushrod will "drain" into the crankcase thru this hole IF the pushrod happens to come out.

Walt Conner

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Of course there has to be oil in the valve cover left from the oil mist which lubricates the valve components. Where does it go - there is an oil drain hole at the bottom of the pushrod chamber that drains the oil back to the crankcase. Sometimes the pushrod will "drain" into the crankcase thru this hole IF the pushrod happens to come out.

Walt Conner

Then wraps itself around the camshaft.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Want to see a pushrod that went through the hole? Do search this forum. Keywords "overheat" "Intek"