Export thread

Oil Filter options

K

klinger

Have a 19 HP Briggs on a Ariens tractor like to know of a larger oil filter option for a #492932 BS #. Thanks

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

This has been asked before on here and it was found out it wasn't worth the extra money........

Boobala

Boobala

Have a 19 HP Briggs on a Ariens tractor like to know of a larger oil filter option for a #492932 BS #. Thanks

Does your engine have an oil filter installed now, and you are seeking a longer/larger fiter ??
If so,.. post your engine model # and or oil filter #

Boobala

Boobala

This has been asked before on here and it was found out it wasn't worth the extra money........

BOUD I THINK you're talking about replacing the "sump" with an oil filter adapter built-in, this fella may just be wanting a higher capacity filter .......

K

klinger

Does your engine have an oil filter installed now, and you are seeking a longer/larger fiter ??
If so,.. post your engine model # and or oil filter #

#492932 BS this is the OEM filter that came with the tractor.

cpurvis

cpurvis

This has been discussed on here before and larger capacity filters don't buy you anything.

On a residential unit (30-100 hours per year), you'll change the filter during its annual oil change without ever having reached the filter's hour limit.

On a commercial unit, if you hit the hours limit, you need to change oil and filter anyway.

But if you're determined, take a look at the Wix 57035 which crosses over to your B&S number. http://www.wixfilters.com/Lookup/PartDetails.aspx?Part=209331
All the necessary information is there. Match up the threads, burst pressure, O.D., flow rate, micron rating etc, but has a longer OAL.

Attachments

R

Rivets

For a larger filter you can use a Briggs filter 491056.

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

No Boo, I was talking about the thread that C Purvis is talking about also.......

K

klinger

For a larger filter you can use a Briggs filter 491056.
Thanks that was the only answer I was looking for

Boobala

Boobala

Thanks that was the only answer I was looking for

YEP ! That was my assumption.

R

Rivets

You should be using that filter with that engine.

upupandaway

upupandaway

Cpurvis- "burst pressure" being WIX makes them mainly for car engines, i seriously doubt peak oil pressure for these 1 or 2 cyl mower (vs 4-8cyl car motor is it originally for) is anywhere close to reachable.
Klinger- To find the one that fits my Kawi, i brought my used one to walmart and looked at the threds to find mine from Fram\Wix\etc. As I have said with another post- If it works with the flow rate of a car motor, it is fine with a briggs\Kawi\etc. AND it's alot cheaper....

Cpurvis- "burst pressure" being WIX makes them mainly for car engines, i seriously doubt peak oil pressure for these 1 or 2 cyl mower (vs 4-8cyl car motor is it originally for) is anywhere close to reachable.
Klinger- To find the one that fits my Kawi, i brought my used one to walmart and looked at the threds to find mine from Fram\Wix\etc. As I have said with another post- If it works with the flow rate of a car motor, it is fine with a briggs\Kawi\etc. AND it's alot cheaper....

Oh yea, interesting logic you have there.