Export thread

oil change issue

D

dude1234

I have a newer Ferris IS600z, and when I change the oil, only about 1/2 of the oil drains out (about 30oz or so). There is a rubber hose that you can pull through a hole through the bottom, then unscrew the plug at the end of the hose to drain the oil into a container. I let the oil drain for maybe 1/2 hour and it slowed to barely a trickle if that. The mower takes 62-64 oz of oil, so I knew that only 1/2 drained out in that time since I drained it into a 64 oz container. I wouldn't expect it to take much longer than 1/2 hour for most of the oil to drain out. Any suggestions?

S

SeniorCitizen

Engine at operating temperature, tilt the mower to position drain in lowest position, remove dip stick and apply a couple of pounds air pressure into dip stick tube.

D

dude1234

Engine at operating temperature, tilt the mower to position drain in lowest position, remove dip stick and apply a couple of pounds air pressure into dip stick tube.

How long should it take for all the oil to drain out if positioned as you mentioned? I also don't have compressed air.

J

Jack17

Shop vac when you switch hose to exhaust port works really nice.

S

SeniorCitizen

How long should it take for all the oil to drain out if positioned as you mentioned? I also don't have compressed air.

Hot oil , no air pressure 3 minutes. Hot oil with air , 1 minute 27 seconds.