Now my son wants the Gravely? Need input?

Oldschool1959

Threads
Today I financed a 2014 Hustler 48" Raptor SD for 4056.00 through Sheffield Financial. I haven't taken delivery and tonight my son called me and said he thinks we made a mistake by not getting the gravely 52" cut XL HD that has several upgraded components not on the Raptor SD. Like the 3100 drives vs the 2800 on the SD. Also he pointed out that the gravely. deck is chain hung and also thicker than the deck on the SD. So now I am confused as if I can transfer this loan to another company as Sheffield Financial also finances the Gravely for 0% for 48 months? Is there a way to cancel this contract and then go to the gravely dealer and get another loan, or transfer this loan to the gravely dealer and just pay the difference in cash?
Thoughts and ideas are most welcome. My son will be using this mower to cut not only my yard but several others who he cuts every week or so. Also his yard is about 2 acres that he will be cutting. I thought the gravely was a much better built mower but it was $1400.00 more than the SD so I went with it.
HELP

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Today I financed a 2014 Hustler 48" Raptor SD for 4056.00 through Sheffield Financial. I haven't taken delivery and tonight my son called me and said he thinks we made a mistake by not getting the gravely 52" cut XL HD that has several upgraded components not on the Raptor SD. Like the 3100 drives vs the 2800 on the SD. Also he pointed out that the gravely. deck is chain hung and also thicker than the deck on the SD. So now I am confused as if I can transfer this loan to another company as Sheffield Financial also finances the Gravely for 0% for 48 months? Is there a way to cancel this contract and then go to the gravely dealer and get another loan, or transfer this loan to the gravely dealer and just pay the difference in cash?
Thoughts and ideas are most welcome. My son will be using this mower to cut not only my yard but several others who he cuts every week or so. Also his yard is about 2 acres that he will be cutting. I thought the gravely was a much better built mower but it was $1400.00 more than the SD so I went with it.
HELP

Wow...I've never had to deal with this kind of situation, but my advice would be to go to the dealer where you purchased the Hustler(make sure to take your financing paperwork with you) as quickly as possible and try to work out canceling the purchase. You normally have at least 5 or more days to cancel any financing agreement. I doubt seriously if the loan can be "transferred" to a purchase at the Gravely dealer(who may or may not use the same Finance Company). I am a VERY happy Gravely owner and agree that the Raptor is not as good as the Gravely. Also, if you can afford to step up to the Gravely ZT HD you will find that it is a much better machine than the XL series(I love my Gravely, but of all their ZTR's I was LEAST impressed with the XL series). Not saying you & your son wouldn't be happy with an XL but you get a lot more Commercial grade features on the ZT HD for a couple hundred more bucks. Just sayin'

Hope you can derail the RSD purchase...there have been several posts from new owners having problems with almost brand new Raptor SD's:0(

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
What did you end up doing?????

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
HELP

Your better off with the Hustler IMO. It's a much better mower. Your talking about a 10GA. deck VS an 11 GA deck really not that much difference when you consider the Hustler I believe has 7 GA. reinforced spindle mounts and the difference between the 3100 and 2800 drives is near nothing. The Raptor for the money is a lot better mower. The differences between the two is not worth $1400 more money.

Eric21

Threads
That's why I went with the Raptor sd was the 10ga with 7ga reinforced, also take a look at the blade tip speeds on the models. Very happy with my purchase so far, kinda wish I would have went with the fast trak sd lol.