Not Using Your Land? Turn it into a park.

lytlemike

Forum Newbie
Threads
Since the rider died I've had to revert to push mowing. Way too much land to walk - what to do? Now, I just mow paths and designs ( 1/2 tank of gas per endeavor). It's actually getting interesting. Birds are showing up I've never seen. Concern for unwanted varmints - not an issue - perimeter mowed.
Question? Have you ever done/doing this and what are the results.
Thanks

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Just how much land are you talking about?

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
A 20 acre park is a good size peace of land. Are you going to open it up for the public or just your private park. If you let the public in you might be responsible for who know what in this sue happy country we live in.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
A 20 acre park is a good size peace of land. Are you going to open it up for the public or just your private park. If you let the public in you might be responsible for who know what in this sue happy country we live in.

Nothing a waiver can't take care of.

possum

Threads
I kind of like the look. Reminds me of the farm when I was young and we made paths with a sickle mower. Folks here in town buy a pack of wildflower seeds at Lowes plant them in their yard and once the flowers are up they stop mowing. When the city sends them a warning they go down to the office and complain to the city manager that they have a natural wilderness look going on in their yard and should not be required to mow. Never works. But it sure looks cool.