not cutting well in middle

skinhinajeep

Forum Newbie
Threads
My JD 175 isnt cutting very well in the middle, the blades are new, wondering if it makes a difference in the location of the blades to one another, do they have to be turned different ways in order for it to cut better?

Thanks,
TC

Jhon

Threads
Did you buy a different style or brand of blade? A lot of people have this issue with mulching blades.
Also some tractors do have a right and left blade. Make sure that is not the case with yours.

enigma-2

Threads
My JD 175 isnt cutting very well in the middle, the blades are new, wondering if it makes a difference in the location of the blades to one another, do they have to be turned different ways in order for it to cut better?
Thanks,
TC
Usually this has to do with blade speed. There could be several areas to look at, mow at a slower ground speed, condition of the belt, sharpness of the blade, engine speed, etc. I'm not familiar with the JD 175, but on most decks, the blades do not overlap and if they run slower than needed, they don't develop sufficient lift, leaving a line.

Perhaps as jhon stated, the design of these blades are to blame (where they OEM or did you go cheaper?)

Bison

Threads
Blade in the center has the hardest job,could be its slipping on a loose belt or the hub turns to stiff(bearings seizing or some twine wrapped between bearing and shaft),causing the belt to slip too.
Exess build up of grass under the deck could cause it too.

Sprinkler Buddy

Threads
Make sure you didn't install one of the blades upside down. The lift of the blade should always be faced upward toward the mower deck.