No-Mow Grass?

Threads
This is cool!

Inventor cultivates no-mow, easy-grow grass | Fox News

..."I almost didn't water it this year,"...."I mow it once a month, and my daughter never mows it because they're too busy."...

Lawn and Grass Seed for Ultra Low Maintenance Lawns Pearl's Premium

Lakeside%20Lawn%20using%20no%20Chemicals.JPG

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads

possum

Threads
All lawns are no mow if you stop mowing them lol. The problems around here are numerous. The stuff grows so slow it is tough to get it established fall or spring. The weeds outgrow it by a great deal. It avoids quack grass like the plague. If you indeed do not mow it the grass falls over and grows sideways. That is great until it gets hot. Then it goes sort of dormant. Then it rains and gets a fungus and then it gets sticky and smothers itself. If you cut it short enough to keep it upright, it dies, or looks dead and stays that way until late fall after you have put the lawnmower away. We have a lot of 1930s and 1950s fine fescue here under matured shade trees. It is quite a chore trying to keep it looking like something except for about a month out of the season. I think you should try it for us Fanatic. Then let us all in on your success. Then we can try it.

Threads
All lawns are no mow if you stop mowing them lol. The problems around here are numerous. The stuff grows so slow it is tough to get it established fall or spring. The weeds outgrow it by a great deal. It avoids quack grass like the plague. If you indeed do not mow it the grass falls over and grows sideways. That is great until it gets hot. Then it goes sort of dormant. Then it rains and gets a fungus and then it gets sticky and smothers itself. If you cut it short enough to keep it upright, it dies, or looks dead and stays that way until late fall after you have put the lawnmower away. We have a lot of 1930s and 1950s fine fescue here under matured shade trees. It is quite a chore trying to keep it looking like something except for about a month out of the season. I think you should try it for us Fanatic. Then let us all in on your success. Then we can try it.

Thanks for the info. If I tried it, no matter what happened, it would be better than all the clover our lawn consists of! :laughing:

possum

Threads
Lol. Now you are being to hard on your lawn. Clover can look nice in a lawn if it is mixed up a good bit with other grasses. Or if it is just solid clover. Around here clover just does well in spring and fall. Most folks around here think they have a great clover patch but it is either creeping Charlie or field bindweed, or black medic, or all three. A military lady this last summer tended some old raised beds along the side of her rented home for some time and thought she was tending some kind of flowering plant. Was field bindweed. She had it climbing on some old lattice.

Threads
Lol. Now you are being to hard on your lawn. Clover can look nice in a lawn if it is mixed up a good bit with other grasses. Or if it is just solid clover. Around here clover just does well in spring and fall. Most folks around here think they have a great clover patch but it is either creeping Charlie or field bindweed, or black medic, or all three. A military lady this last summer tended some old raised beds along the side of her rented home for some time and thought she was tending some kind of flowering plant. Was field bindweed. She had it climbing on some old lattice.

It doesn't look bad after it's cut, but when it needs to be cut, the patches of white don't look the best! :rolleyes:

Threads
... Cut more often and shorter

Oh believe me, I cut our yard low and every 4 days in the spring. I know you should cut longer to choke out the weeds, but it looks crappy when it's long until the weeds are gone. :frown:

afoulk

Threads
Between the dry weather we had lately and my dog digging holes, i'm soon gonna have No-Mo grass:laughing:

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'll have to admit though...that picture of the Pearl's Premium grass sure is a mighty fine lookin' lawn:0)