Newbie here... opurtunity to get a 48"bobcat walk behind for $250 ??

Roadking00

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Newbie here... opurtunity to get a 48"bobcat walk behind for $250 ??
I have always wanted to pick up a used walk behind mower for myself and happen to mention this to a newly aquainted friend tha happens to landscape for a living and he has a older model # 930300 bobcat he'll sell me for $250 since he just replaced it with a new model 52" . He was up front and telling me some of the minor issues that can be repaired but all in all it has a newer FC420V motor on it thats only a season or 2 old and says it runs like a champ, the only major issue is there is a slight hydtaulic leak on the system somewhere (he hasnt really looked into it),but says it causing some fluid to get on the one tire drive belt/pulley and sometimes causes it to slip? Could be as simple as a fitting leaking,reservior leaking or something as major as one of the tranny motors? ? Just curious if the rest of the mower looks and operates fine like he says and the hydraulic issue that would need looked at does it seem like a good investment for a homeowner to tinker with a d fix up? Even if worst case was I needed to rebuild tje hydraulic pumps or replace one or both? ?

Any advice is MUCH appreciated.....

scott47429

Threads
well it sounds like it could be a good investment i mean even if you decide not to fix it you can part it out for more then that

Roadking00

Forum Newbie
Threads
well it sounds like it could be a good investment i mean even if you decide not to fix it you can part it out for more then that

Thanks for the quick reply, thats kind of what i was also thinking , but if it even comes down to
putting another 500-1000 into it if needed to bring it back to great condition it would still be worth the money when all is done I would think...