Threads
Brass drift, preferably 3/8".
Go.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Brass drift, preferably 3/8".
Go.

I need more coffee to figure this one out. My visuals are whacking it and it getting all bent out of shape on the first blow.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Really depends what it is being used on. Brass is used to prevent damage to parts and is considered expendable. It is one of the reasons I have brass hammers here. Less likely to mushroom what I am hitting.

Now depending the depth you got to go is also a factor.

Try looking at some these options on Amazon. Yes I know they are sets but if you are like me you will end using them all.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=brass+dr...3611805&tag=googhydr-20&ref=pd_sl_mfz7ba17u_e

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Brass punches are great to have in the tool box, but seldom used because they lay at the bottom on the box. I don’t want to count the number of tools I have purchased and used once or twice. Like a spark plug whistler, some carb adjusting drivers, crows foot sockets, offset screwdrivers, etc. if the price is right, go for it.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Yes I just offset screwdriver this week I have used in nearly 15+ yrs. Its for getting very very tight places.

1687109093850.png
1687109610633.png
At least your co-worker is not sound to sleep.
1687109759413.png

OldDiyer

Threads
Why not just make a brass cap that fits over a regular steel punch, you'll get something that will not bend but will protect what ever you are tapping on. If you need something small just use a smaloler punch to start with and the cap to fit the 3/8 you are looking for.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I don't have a big need for brass drifts. I have 1/2" and 3/4" rod stock about a foot long that does what I need.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Brass punches are great to have in the tool box, but seldom used because they lay at the bottom on the box. I don’t want to count the number of tools I have purchased and used once or twice. Like a spark plug whistler, some carb adjusting drivers, crows foot sockets, offset screwdrivers, etc. if the price is right, go for it.
We talk about this very thing in our toolaholic anonymous meetings. I was doing pretty well for a while then I relapsed.