Export thread

New to the site

W

Western Auto Outdoor

New to the site ,Just wanted to say hello. I am very sharp on craftsman,poulan,poulanpro ,Mtd,Murray,mowers .If you have any repair problems Im here to help..!!!!!!!!!!:smile:

R

robert

Welcome aboard and thanks for the offer, a great resource to have-what engines do you service, which brand do you see the least problems with?

rekees

rekees

Cool welcome to LMF. If you are keen on solving problems here's mine. My Craftsman 18HP rider runs fine under load cutting the grass but when the mower deck is disengaged the engine will surge faster then slower to the point it almost flips me backwards. Surging gets worse as the engine RPMs decrease. Suggestions?

W

Western Auto Outdoor

I like Briggs & Stratton ,reliable ,easy to work on,parts are easy to come by and cheaper than most..

W

Western Auto Outdoor

Rekees ,sounds like you have a fuel problem. I think your engine is starving for fuel under a load..try cleaning out the carb first....

rekees

rekees

"try cleaning out the carb first."

Easier said than done...probably beyond my DIY capabilities. :ashamed: Are there any gas additives that might clean it?

W

Western Auto Outdoor

Try seafoam ,it works sometimes

rekees

rekees

Okay thanks, will search for Seafoam at local stores today.

B

benski

Your local auto parts store should carry Sea-Foam. Remarkable stuff!:thumbsup::biggrin:

reddragon

reddragon

WESTERN AUTO.... .MEDFORD OREGON..1920.....AND TODAY [BY THE RIVER]

Attachments

T

TerryD

Thank you for offering up your help. I've been here just a short time, but this is a great forum and lots of good folks.