New Tigercat 61” with Kawasaki FT730V EFI,

Old Bee Man

Forum Newbie
Threads
Problem is engine seems to drop power to a safe mode PTO engaged or not. It may operate fine for a short while and then start dropping off. Very inconsistent problem. Check engine light comes on, must turn key off and reset then restart and it will start normally but it never lasts long before doing it again. Machine has been back to dealer 2 times for same issue since delivery. It has less than 5 hours. First time dealer said code told them low oil level??? which I know was BS. I don’t believe dealer has performed a qualified technical evaluation. Any ideas or recommendations?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Actually the test software live only indicates low oil pressure state in reference to the oil which can occur extreme engine angles mowing. Now the stored DTC codes should given them an idea of what going on.

But it is necessary for the dealer to have the test software and the Kawasaki Electronic Interface (KEI) module to read them. The software is free but the interface is over $500.

Now there maybe an alternate way of reading the codes but don't what it is as I don't have the FT730V EFI service manual.

Also you must give us time to learn the in and out of the EFI systems it is new to all of us just back when EFI system first showed in the automobile industry. There was a steep learning curve there too.

Last edited:

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
See if they will let you swap for a carbureted version. Heck, my Gravely dealer doesn’t stock any machines with EFI engines. Sure, you can special order, if you like.