Export thread

New Spammer

cpurvis

cpurvis

Last night, I reported a spam post. At that time, there were maybe a dozen spam posts from this user.

As of now, 0825 CDT, there are almost 400 and no sign of letting up.

I could have handled this last night if I had permission, i.e., moderator status.

I would suggest that more moderators are needed to provide as close to an 'around-the-clock' moderator presence as possible to prevent things like this from happening. Now somebody has a big mess to clean up and getting bigger by the minute.

D

Darryl G

I think they can delete all posts by the user, but yes it's an epic mess at the moment.

B

bertsmobile1

It is a robot
It will continue to upload the korean gambling messages every 5 seconds till the staff can work out how to dissable it.
Expect this to happen for a few days because it in not normal spam , it is a hack.
The forum will not allow a member to post messages as fast as the hackers web bot is uploading them

If it really urks you then cut & paste all of the messages and send them to the Korean Embassy.
O as it is a foreign hack, report it to the FBI cyber crime unit.

Korea has fiber to the desktop which makes them very efficient hackers.

cpurvis

cpurvis

770 posts, still posting away.

It has made the 'Today's Posts' function unusable.

B

bertsmobile1

Might be hard on a phone or tablet but on the desktop it is just a case of picking out the headders that are in english & not Korean.

M

Muhammad

Sorry about the delay on this, I was traveling and nobody else picked it up. We will add another moderator or two. Any applicants?

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

Put me in for a applicant.
I have moderated a couple of forums over the last few years.

I'd like to nominate Cpurvis for a Moderator. I think he has the right skills & judgement.

I saw the deal (spamming on every post) last night, reported it also, & got away from here.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

The spammer also hit a utv forum Im on last night. Crazy

The spammer also hit a utv forum Im on last night. Crazy

Maybe it's following you ? :laughing:

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

:laughing:

B

bertsmobile1

Or has a trojan loaded onto your computer to make your computer a zombie spammer

It is really creepy out there is cyber space.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

maybe

cpurvis

cpurvis

I'd like to nominate Cpurvis for a Moderator. I think he has the right skills & judgement.

I saw the deal (spamming on every post) last night, reported it also, & got away from here.

Thanks Buddy, and I'd like to return the favor. I think you have right skills and judgement to be a moderator, too.

I'd also suggest bertsmobile, Boobaloo, and Darryl. I may have misspelled some of these names. There are others but I'm drawing names from memory right now. Buddy (7394), bertsmobile, Boobaloo and Darryl are all on here often enough that a mess like what happened last night wouldn't get very far.

B

bertsmobile1

Flattered but I doubt that my computer , old I mac running linux will be compatible with the administration softwear.
Most of it is PC specific and only runs on windows computers.
When we set up the ones for the bike club, only Simple Machines worked properly with the Mac.

primerbulb120

primerbulb120

I will nominate myself, as well as 7394 (Buddy) and Cpurvis. Ronno6 and Pumper54 are also on here often.

I am here on a regular basis and I have the time to do it.

D

Darryl G

You guys don't want me as a moderator. I'd immediately ban Bert for being too honest and political, Boo for being inappropriate and Cpurvis for spreading misinformation. :laughing:

But seriously, I'm here on just my phone 95% of the time and doubt that would be helpful.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

WE'RE BEING HIT AGAIN! in the snowblower section, dude has 138 posts or something. Reported.

Boobala

Boobala

KARMA !
Delivered 2 the deserving
EVERYDAY !!

cpurvis

cpurvis

You guys don't want me as a moderator. I'd immediately ban Bert for being too honest and political, Boo for being inappropriate and Cpurvis for spreading misinformation. :laughing:

But seriously, I'm here on just my phone 95% of the time and doubt that would be helpful.

I admit it--I spread misinformation.

But I don't do it on purpose! I *think* I'm telling the truth right up until the time someone corrects me.

primerbulb120

primerbulb120

If you elect me, I will change my username to something more important sounding, and then try to live up to it.
I am no computer programmer, but will do what I can.

Now that I think about it, regular participation in the MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild thread should probably be a disqualification for election as an administrator...

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

PrimerbulbEsquire
Sounds good.

primerbulb120

primerbulb120

PrimerbulbEsquire
Sounds good.

That's not frightening enough.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

Primerbulb_thegreat

Thanks Buddy, and I'd like to return the favor. I think you have right skills and judgement to be a moderator, too.

I'd also suggest bertsmobile, Boobaloo, and Darryl. I may have misspelled some of these names. There are others but I'm drawing names from memory right now. Buddy (7394), bertsmobile, Boobaloo and Darryl are all on here often enough that a mess like what happened last night wouldn't get very far.

Thank You Cpurvis, Too kind. I'm deeply involved in a V-twin site as a long time mod. I don't feel I could give this forum the justice it deserves, & that's not beneficial to us or this forum..

But I do agree with your other possible picks.:thumbsup: We absolutely do need more boots on the ground here.

I would also suggest that if anyone here sees some weird stuff happening, to report it asap.

B

bertsmobile1

Actually you need moderators in different time zones and prefferably in different countries , for the purpose of eliminating spam thus the site gets 24/7 monitoring and spam can get removed almost as soon as it is posted.
Content moderation is a totally different animal.