New Ryobi Tractor

Threads
All good info..

I've been tempted by this one. It seems like the price has dropped a bit since they were introduced, though it's still spendy compared to at least the entry-level gas riders.

I think the biggest thing that has held me back is the lack of front accessory attachments. If I could get a mini snowplow kit for it, I'd be a lot more interested.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Ryobi design good gear, comfortable to use.
If the factory they contracted the manufacturing to did a good job , generally they work well.
Down side is they are designed not to be able to be repaired, lots of plastic tabs that snap off.
Thus they are considered as disposable products unable to be repaired .
For that reason alone I would be very wary of a ride on bearing the Ryobi name.

From memory the Ryobi brand changed hands a while ago.
I break down about 100 Ryobi line trimmers for scrap metal & plastic every year

papajack

Threads
I'm home owner with a small lot (<1 acre) so my lawn equipment needs are strictly consumer grade. As such I am drawn to the big box stores for my purchase acquisitions. I don't purchase extended warranties because I have always had good luck with trouble free products. The one time that I did have a defective product, the BBS (Kmart) gave me a full refund even though the product was 3 years old.

I find myself drawn to the new evolving electric technology. I have owned hybrid, electric hybrid, and full electric autos. I recently came across a Ryobi full electric riding mower at Home Depot. It's more compact than a conventional tractor and is go kart-ish in appearance. Price wise its seems a little steep. But a high price point is normally associated with any evolving technology.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-RM480e-38-in-Battery-Electric-Riding-Lawn-Mower-RY48110/300246266

I want this. Just waiting for my 23 year old Poulan tractor to die.
I have owned a Ryobi battery-operated Riding lawn mower for eight years. I paid $2400 new. In 2022, I replaced the batteries from 50 to 100 for $1200. I replaced the batteries myself. Two years later, my batteries are not holding a full charge again.
My next purchase will be a gas engine. The maintenance may be a pain, but it will last longer.

I own an EGO battery push mower, too. Replacing the battery costs $300, which I have done twice. It is like buying a new mower. My next push mower will be gas.
I can't wait to be forced to have an electric car.