New Push mower died while mowing

crazyoldtractor

Active Member
I bought a new push mower this spring and it has worked wonderfully since I bought it. Yesterday I was mowing the the lawn and it just stopped. I had just started mowing, I had made 5 passes or so and the thing just stopped. It has plenty of gas, new oil, nothing is tied up on the blades, spark plug wire is secure. I try pulling it to restart it and nothing. I don't get what went wrong. One thing I did notice though, is that the air filter was soaked in gas and when I took it out, part of the rubber ripped. THe air filter will need to be replaced. But even trying to start it with the air filter off, still nothing.

Here is some info about the mower.

Craftsman Model no: 917.47904
Engine says Kohler Courage XT-6 OHV 6.25

I really want to get this thing mowing again.
 
That an engine dies by working is very unusual. Have you checked the sparkplug?, Maybe the condenser is weak.

Can be dirt in the carb, too.
 
It sounds like the carburetor has jammed fully open and is pouring more and more fuel into it when it doesn't need it, hence, the flooding.

You will need to replace the rubber seal that ripped also.
 
Back
Top