capt

Forum Newbie
Threads
I live at a campground in Trenton GA which is in the NW corner. I have a 48" Bad Boy zero turn mower, a Craftsman 22" self-propelled walk behind mower and several weed eaters.

Depending on weather I will mow two days a week, Thursday and Friday, so the 130 campsites look good for the weekend. Other days I will clean up any sites that were occupied during the mowing days.

During periods of drought I may mow only every other week, or more.

I have one large field for Frisbee golf which is about 10 acres and a three acres field which is for variety of uses such as horse shoes, etc.

Frank

midnite rider

Lawn Addict
Threads
:welcome: Welcome to the forum Frank. Beautiful country where you are. Looks like you are pretty close to Cloudland Canyon State Park. Sounds like a dream job to me helping to maintain a campground. I have 20 acres where I plan to retire a few miles south of you, just across the line in Alabama . It is 5 minutes from Little River Canyon National Preserve. You have a lot to mow and hopefully we can give some good advice to you if needed on helping to maintain your equipment.
Ed

capt

Forum Newbie
Threads
:welcome: Welcome to the forum Frank. Beautiful country where you are. Looks like you are pretty close to Cloudland Canyon State Park. Sounds like a dream job to me helping to maintain a campground. I have 20 acres where I plan to retire a few miles south of you, just across the line in Alabama . It is 5 minutes from Little River Canyon National Preserve. You have a lot to mow and hopefully we can give some good advice to you if needed on helping to maintain your equipment.
Ed

It is a good job with a good boss. We work together on some projects like this Tuesday and Wednesday we will install a new A/C for the office.

He asked me this and I do not have a good answer: Do small engines need an additive when all you have is gasoline with 10% ethanol? I have used Sea Foam to clean carburetors and Sta-Bil if storing units with gas in them.

Any Ideas?

Frank

soulman

Threads
It is a good job with a good boss. We work together on some projects like this Tuesday and Wednesday we will install a new A/C for the office.

He asked me this and I do not have a good answer: Do small engines need an additive when all you have is gasoline with 10% ethanol? I have used Sea Foam to clean carburetors and Sta-Bil if storing units with gas in them.

Any Ideas?

Frank

I hate ethanol with a passion, I know some states mandate it. Avoid it if possible. I don't know if additives will improve anything.

midnite rider

Lawn Addict
Threads
The red StaBil is ineffective with 10% ethanol gasoline. StaBil now makes a blue colored product that works good with the ethanol. Sea Foam also works good added to your gas.

midnite rider

Lawn Addict
Threads
Do small engines need an additive when all you have is gasoline with 10% ethanol? I have used Sea Foam to clean carburetors and Sta-Bil if storing units with gas in them.

Any Ideas?

Frank

I believe they do need an additive. Cheap insurance.