Cody J

Forum Newbie
Threads
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im a new member today, Im 17, I joined because I like to collect only antiques. Garden tractors, engines, and equipment, but some are newer that I just have. I would like to get a farm tractor, like a Farmall Cub, or an Allis Chalmers model B, something that size. I have a 1963 Montgomery Ward Squire, a 1947 David Bradley walk behind, a rare 1969 Sears Craftsman, a 1981 Sears LTV 10, a 1968 Simplicity Broadmoor 717, a 1972 Hahn Eclipse GT-700, a 1985 Sears, a 1995 Sears rear engine, a 1996 John Deere RX 75 rear engine(for sale $200), a 1995 Airens, a 1985 Toro rear engine, and im about to get a Snapper. I have a big Model 16 1960's Briggs and Stratton(not sure what hp), 4 1960's 3hp Briggs and a 3hp Tecumseh. Most of the tractors I own were free from people that know people who want to get rid of them except for the '69 Sears with a deck, snowblower, chains and the big Briggs engine for $50 at a swap meet. Im going to use my '63 Wards on the 4th of July. I just painted it today. I put a new spark plug in, a new gas line, inline filter, and changed the oil. I ordered new bearings for the front, I need a new belt and seat.My neighbor got me a new tire, but now my back tire goes flat, so im going to patch it. My girlfriend is going to drive either my '69 Sears or my neighbors 70's Wheel Horse.

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Wow, that's quite a collection! You'll fit right in here... Welcome. :smile:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Good to have you & your great collection, here at LMF.... :smile:KennyV

Snapperfreak

Threads
Sounds like u know just what u are looking for. Are u interested in tractors only or are there walk-behinds that u are looking for too? Myself I'm partial to 70s and 80s snappers but I've seen lots of older tractors of all different brands that I like. They were built well back then. And looked like tractors not insects like today.

fastback

Threads
I also belong to several forums and this is the only one affected by this type of garbage. I just found it interesting that Breana readily moves threads from one location to the other, but nothing is happening to the junk. Maybe I'm missing something. I would think that the administrator could ban the sources of the threads and quickly remove the thread. Maybe it would atleast slow down this stuff. Just my opinion. This post was surposed to be in the junk thread. I have no idea how it got here. I tried to delete but to no avail. Sorry

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
I also belong to several forums and this is the only one affected by this type of garbage. I just found it interesting that Breana readily moves threads from one location to the other, but nothing is happening to the junk. Maybe I'm missing something. I would think that the administrator could ban the sources of the threads and quickly remove the thread. Maybe it would atleast slow down this stuff. Just my opinion. This post was surposed to be in the junk thread. I have no idea how it got here. I tried to delete but to no avail. Sorry
Although the spam needs sorting, the threads also need to be in the right places, and Briana keeps them nice and tidy, for which I'm sure a lot of people (including myself) are grateful for! :thumbsup:

Something will be done about the spam soon I'm sure, but for now we'll just have to ignore it or leave the forum. I know which one I'll be doing...

fastback

Threads
Cody,

Welcome to the forum. Sorry about my post yesterday it was not ment for you. If your only 17 then by the time you get to middle age your going to have one heck of a collection. Oh BTW, I bought my first tractor used when I was 16, its a 1953 Simplicty walk behind. I have wheel weights, snowplow, 24 inch mower deck, dirt plow, harows and cultivator. It has not been in use since the 80's. Oh, I've had it for going on 45 years:smile: The oldest and only farm tractor is a 1942 JD Model LA, rated at 14 hp. I finished rebuilding it several years ago. Did I say finished, I don't think it will ever be done.

Again welcome and good luck with the collection.

Paul