New head for FS 50 C?

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Fish nailed it. That's what I'm dealing with.

The C52 is what's on there now, but it nearly takes a body slam to get the head to feed string. I'm experimenting by cutting one coil off the spring to hopefully make it easier to bump. Too bad the shaft design changed, because my 6 year old FS50 had a shaft that accepted most common trimmer heads. Not sure why Stihl decided to change it...
I am not sure they carry the fs50 around here, it is pretty much the same as the fs40. I use the head that comes on the fs38 around here, and it works pretty good. Good quality trimmer line is a must on any of them.
Thanks Fish, I'll look into the FS38 head. I use the FS50 because it's an extended shaft, which I need. The 38 and 40 are too short for me - I have to bend at the waist to trim my yard (the 38 was the first Stihl trimmer I owned).
Just for a fun experiment, I slapped my FS38 powerhead on my old FS90 shaft with the triblade and it works great. I'll try my chainsaw head for fun as well. I wasn't sure how it would handle the straight steel shaft.

fullboogie

Threads
To follow up - cutting 1 coil off the internal spring helped a good bit on the force needed to bump more string out. I may try another 1/2 coil next weekend...