New guy issues. Scag 52 swz with Koehler 18

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
May not indicate electric start because it was common to have a two position key switch that were basically on or off, with no turn position for start.

Bluegrassfj40

Threads
May not indicate electric start because it was common to have a two position key switch that were basically on or off, with no turn position for start.confirmed that the wiring to the kit switch matches a manual start harness detailed in the owners manual.
Good call. I confirmed that the wiring harness on the mower’s switch matched the harness associated with the manual start unit (as detailed in the manual)

Bluegrassfj40

Threads
Has the replacement regulator been confirmed to be the 12 403 01-S or 12 755 111-S which is rope start only and not the 41 403 10-S or 25 403 37-S regulator which is for battery ignition.

Loose flywheel magnets can also give those types of voltage readings.
Well. I think you nailed it (I hope). The previous part I tried was the battery ignition on! I just ordered the pull start version. We will see!

Bluegrassfj40

Threads
Well…. That wasn’t it. New Koehler voltage regulator for a pull start unit and it is still outputting 24v at full throttle. 48V ac across the two ac connectors. :/