Export thread

New Echo oil...red armor

S

stygz

I see a new oil is out for echo. Anyone see it yet? replacement of the stuff sold at HD?

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

I see a new oil is out for echo. Anyone see it yet? replacement of the stuff sold at HD?

Yeah I saw it, also. I don't know much about it, though. Here it is on the Echo website for anyone that hasn't seen it: Red Armor Engine Oil | RedArmorOil.com | My Site.

So will Echo stand behind this oil anymore or not?? (Picture below):
DSCN1174.jpg

S

stygz

Wonder if the new stuff is synthetic or semi synthetic?

P

possum

Call Spectrum up and ask them. They make it. More than likely the same formula that is now or will be soon sold under all the other OPE makers.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Call Spectrum up and ask them. They make it. More than likely the same formula that is now or will be soon sold under all the other OPE makers.

I know Shindaiwa also has it: Red Armor Engine Oil | RedArmorOil.com | My Site.

MowerMike

MowerMike

So will Echo stand behind this oil anymore or not?? (Picture below):
View attachment 9571

A bottle of ECHO Power Blend as in your photo was included in the box with my ECHO PB-250LN, but I never used it because I'm using TruFuel premix in all my 2-stroke tools. I'm going to give it to this lawn care guy that mixes his own gas/oil.

S

samoset

I just order a six pack of the Shindiawa red armour Oil,

I'm going to split it with my FatherNlaw and BrotherNlaw as part of there Christmas presents,

as in we all get two packs,

Ill let you know what we all think of it. In a month or two!

From the advertisements it sounds like some pretty good stuff!

Samoset

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

I just order a six pack of the Shindiawa red armour Oil,

I'm going to split it with my FatherNlaw and BrotherNlaw as part of there Christmas presents,

as in we all get two packs,

Ill let you know what we all think of it. In a month or two!

From the advertisements it sounds like some pretty good stuff!

Samoset

OK great....can't wait to here what you think! :smile:

S

samoset

I will note that the oil I received simple states that its shindiawa red armour oil.

Any word if this is the same formula with the echo logo?

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

I picked up the owner's manual for my PE-225 edger today, and with it came the PowerBlend oil, so I guess they still stand behind it since they didn't give us the new stuff. They are probably trying to use up all the PowerBlend before they go into the Red Armor.

metz12

metz12

I picked up the owner's manual for my PE-225 edger today, and with it came the PowerBlend oil, so I guess they still stand behind it since they didn't give us the new stuff. They are probably trying to use up all the PowerBlend before they go into the Red Armor.

I just bought some red armor stuff because that is the only name brand stuff that home depot had, it was short notice and my buddy and i needed alot of gas to finish a job by the end of the day(cutting wood) and the stuff was great, the saws didnt smoke, and mine (homelite super 2 made in 1986) didnt smoke at all!! and neither did my friends poulan 520. i like it, but i normally buy a gallon of penzoil and just measure the right amount of oil to gas.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

I just bought some red armor stuff because that is the only name brand stuff that home depot had, it was short notice and my buddy and i needed alot of gas to finish a job by the end of the day(cutting wood) and the stuff was great, the saws didnt smoke, and mine (homelite super 2 made in 1986) didnt smoke at all!! and neither did my friends poulan 520. i like it, but i normally buy a gallon of penzoil and just measure the right amount of oil to gas.

I stumbled upon this thread: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?p=3924608. Apparently he doesn't like the Red Armor oil.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

I will note that the oil I received simple states that its shindiawa red armour oil.

Any word if this is the same formula with the echo logo?

Yes, it's probably the same.

metz12

metz12

I stumbled upon this thread: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?p=3924608. Apparently he doesn't like the Red Armor oil.

the guy said something about 70:1 ratio, i have never even heard of that blend! there are no measurements on the oil either for that. what would you run with that much gas in a 2cycle engine?

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

the guy said something about 70:1 ratio, i have never even heard of that blend! there are no measurements on the oil either for that. what would you run with that much gas in a 2cycle engine

Maybe it's actually like a 3-cycle engine:laughing:.....not all gas (4-cycle), but not a 50:1 ratio (2-cycle). :laughing::laughing: JUST KIDDING. Yeah I have not heard of anything that's 70:1. :confused3:

metz12

metz12

Maybe it's actually like a 3-cycle engine:laughing:.....not all gas (4-cycle), but not a 50:1 ratio (2-cycle). :laughing::laughing: JUST KIDDING. Yeah I have not heard of anything that's 70:1. :confused3:

most definatly 3 cycle :laughing:

MowerMike

MowerMike

Maybe it's used in one of these.

Wankel_Cycle_anim_en.gif

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

For anyone who doesn't know what the bottles of oil look like, here are some pictures of the PowerBlend oil and RedArmor oil.
echo powerblend oil.gif echo red armor oil.png

And now as I am looking at the pictures, I know the new oil is called RED Armor, but the color scheme fits Shindaiwa more than Echo.

D2hornets58

D2hornets58

So do they not make the power blend any more? Thats what i usually use but i haven't bought any in a while so I don't know if they still have it.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

So do they not make the power blend any more? Thats what i usually use but i haven't bought any in a while so I don't know if they still have it.

Well I don't know because as I said in a previous post I got the manual for my edger yesterday and with it was a bottle of PowerBlend oil. I don't know if they are still making it, or if the dealer is just trying to get rid of the last of it so they can switch over to RedArmor...I don't know.

MowerMike

MowerMike

Home Depot still sells PowerBlend locally and there is over 1400 bottles of it in stock in the 6 nearest stores to me. They don't carry Red Armor yet.

D2hornets58

D2hornets58

OK next time I go to Home Depot ill check to see if they still have it.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Home Depot still sells PowerBlend locally and there is over 1400 bottles of it in stock in the 6 nearest stores to me. They don't carry Red Armor yet.

Maybe the dealers want more tests done to see how good it is before they start selling it.

D2hornets58

D2hornets58

Maybe the dealers want more tests done to see how good it is before they start selling it.

Ya thats possible too.

Ric

Ric

Ya that's possible too.

I have used the Echo oil and I don't much care for the stuff anyway so I wouldn't by their Red armor to begin with. When I find something that works I stay with it, so I'll stay with the Stihl oil.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

I have used the Echo oil and I don't much care for the stuff anyway so I wouldn't by their Red armor to begin with. When I find something that works I stay with it, so I'll stay with the Stihl oil.

So you use Stihl oil in your Echo equipment (I'm not saying it's wrong, I'm just wondering)?

Ric

Ric

So you use Stihl oil in your Echo equipment (I'm not saying it's wrong, I'm just wondering)?

Yes I use the Stihl in any of the Echo equipment and I personally think they run better with it. The thing I've noticed about the Echo oil is that it seems to run on the rich side. When ever I have had to pull a plug it always seems to be black and on the oily side.That's the reason I'm not crazy about the Echo oil.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Yes I use the Stihl in any of the Echo equipment and I personally think they run better with it. The thing I've noticed about the Echo oil is that it seems to run on the rich side. When ever I have had to pull a plug it always seems to be black and on the oily side.That's the reason I'm not crazy about the Echo oil.

I don't know anything else (I have always used the PowerBlend), so I can't tell you about what I think about Stihl oil.

MowerMike

MowerMike

UPS just delivered this to me. I've been using it in all my 2 cycle equipment with great success. As a homeowner, I won't use more than 3 quart cans per year, so it's worth the extra cost to avoid mixing gas and oil, and dealing with bad gas and ethanol.

Attachments

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

UPS just delivered this to me. I've been using it in all my 2 cycle equipment with great success. As a homeowner, I won't use more that 3 quart cans per year, so it's worth the extra cost to avoid mixing gas and oil, and dealing with bad gas and ethanol.

Hmmm...I have never seen that before. I looked at their website (TruFuel) and it looks like a good product!

metz12

metz12

i get a gallon of penzoil and just put it in an old 40:1 bottle, the stuff works well. it seems to me that alot of people dont like the red armor. i wonder why? i didnt have any problems:confused3:

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

i get a gallon of penzoil and just put it in an old 40:1 bottle, the stuff works well. it seems to me that alot of people dont like the red armor. i wonder why? i didnt have any problems:confused3:

Yeah I don't know why. But I have never used it before. I am probably going to stick with the PowerBlend anyway.

metz12

metz12

Yeah I don't know why. But I have never used it before. I am probably going to stick with the PowerBlend anyway.

i dont think i am going to touch the stuff now that i have heard other peoples opinions.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

i dont think i am going to touch the stuff now that i have heard other peoples opinions.

Yeah, I would stick with what I know works well.