Export thread

New bobcat zt2000 mower deck very noisy dealer put new belt still noisy

J

Jjhuff

Anyone else have this issue

S

slomo

Remove the belt. Spin everything with your hand that the belt drove. If you hear a faint or obvious growling sound, replacement time.

J

Jjhuff

I only have 18 hrs on mower it’s second belt dealer says it where they join the belt there is a bump on all belts

M

MParr

I only have 18 hrs on mower it’s second belt dealer says it where they join the belt there is a bump on all belts
Listen to what @slomo said. Whether it has 18 hours or 180 hours, there could be a bad pulley or bad spindle. Don’t rely on what someone is telling you. You need to put your hands and eyes on the pulleys and spindles.

S

slomo

One can wreck a mower in 2 seconds. Hour meters are a waste of money YOU paid for. Doesn't help one bit in getting the grass cut. Change the oil and clean the cooling fins yearly. Doesn't get any easier.

We get people on here that don't walk the yard like old timers did and wonder why their new $19,000 0-turn doesn't cut grass. They just hit a pipe or log chain in the yard. See, doesn't take long to trash a mower.

B

bertsmobile1

When Cub brought out there steering wheel ZTR I replaced the spindle bearings on 2 that were less than a month old
Both took them to the dealer and both were quoted $ 120 for the repair
The reason is a poor deck design coupled with an even worse deck wash out system and no proper instructions in ow to use it
SO the water they washed the deck with got into the bearings and trashed them in 2 to 3 mows

StarTech

StarTech

I even had idler pulley bearings that had only one rough spot to cause belts to snap.

J

Jjhuff

One can wreck a mower in 2 seconds. Hour meters are a waste of money YOU paid for. Doesn't help one bit in getting the grass cut. Change the oil and clean the cooling fins yearly. Doesn't get any easier.

We get people on here that don't walk the yard like old timers did and wonder why their new $19,000 0-turn doesn't cut grass. They just hit a pipe or log chain in the yard. See, doesn't take long to trash a mower.

J

Jjhuff

Yes I need to look at it myself very disappointed in this new 5400dollar mower I need to check it out myself I maintained my last mower a simplicity for 16 years until it finally died dealer not any help solving this problem I’ll look at mower pulleys spindles everything and see if I find anything?

R

RayMcD

Right, and that is causes you a noisy deck, Dude you need to get a better dealer. r

J

Jjhuff

Right, and that is causes you a noisy deck, Dude you need to get a better dealer. r
Yes I sent my complaint to bobcat I’ll see what happens

J

Jjhuff

I have called bobcat to see what the have to say very disappointed in this zt2000 bobcat mower with 18 hrs.

J

Jjhuff

I would never buy another bobcat mower

H

Honest Abe

you'll need a helping hand here, while the deck is running, "carefully" take a long screwdriver and touch toward the center each rotating pulley and idlers. If the noise you're hearing changes, then you've probably found your culprit. But, as I've already stated - be carefully when doing this . . . .

J

Jjhuff

you'll need a helping hand here, while the deck is running, "carefully" take a long screwdriver and touch toward the center each rotating pulley and idlers. If the noise you're hearing changes, then you've probably found your culprit. But, as I've already stated - be carefully when doing this . . . .

J

Jjhuff

Well now it’s backfiring when I shut it off they are coming to get it I would not recommend anybody ever buy a zt2000 bobcat zero turn what a piece of absolute junk with 20 hrs on it very poor quality mower

J

jandtshipp

I like mine. 68 hours so far. How’s yours doing now?