Export thread

new $11.50 carb

S

snapchet

Guy gave me a lawnboy mower ,..rear drive. 4.5 hp. Tuckcumish .. Float was bad so I ordered a new carb off the interscreen....$11.50..I was skeptical ,..figured it would be hollow it was so cheap!! Well I bolted it on and varooom!! started right up! Mowed the whole lawn with it,..never missed a beat. So swallow your pride and buy one,..it worked for me...

J

jp1961

Hello,

Yeah, I ordered a cheap Chinese carb for my 4 hp Tecumseh on a Troy Bilt rototiller and it runs great too.

I did have to swap out the choke lever as the new one was different than the old one and would not clear the air filter.

Regards

jeff

Boobala

Boobala

Yeah I'm in the mix too, last year I bought a $15.00 Chinese carb off the net, and it too cranked right up and all I had to do was adjust the idle speed, ran great and always fired-up within 2-3 pulls, mine was a 10 HP Tecumseh on a chipper/shredder, maybe these carbs are a pretty good choice for Tecumseh engines...???

I got a long left for dead Honda FG-100 mini-tiller. It had compression & spark, so I thought it had a chance.
Needed a carb & new lines, got a chinese $9. carb/ with new fuel lines, off fee-bay & that mini-tiller has been running like a clock since. :thumbsup:

IDK why you guys are paying so much ?

Boobala

Boobala

I got a long left for dead Honda FG-100 mini-tiller. It had compression & spark, so I thought it had a chance.
Needed a carb & new lines, got a chinese $9. carb/ with new fuel lines, off fee-bay & that mini-tiller has been running like a clock since. :thumbsup:

IDK why you guys are paying so much ?

Probably cause we don't know how to work things out with numbers ! They "had our numbers" !! .. :laughing:..:laughing:

:laughing: Maybe so. :laughing: