Need to vent about new Raptor SD

katit

Threads
Well. I understand Hustler is doing favor by paying my dealer for pickup/drop off for warranty repair. I spoke to Hustler rep and was told that it's "nothing really" and it is "no big deal to fix, this is what dealers do every day". And "there is thousands of those units sold". And "no, they can't give me new unit".

I don't feel like pushing dealer to give me new unit because it is not really their fault. They are very prompt to return calls and picked it up when I was ready, so no complaints about dealer. Hustler OTOH made it sound like my request was unreasanoble. At this point - I don't know who I should talk to. Mower being repaired right now. They said probably 3 days to get parts so I should have it back by end of this week. Thats all.

katit

Threads
Sorry about all the problems your having with the SD. My unit has been flawless 10.3 hrs so far. Will be changing the break in oil before I mow again. I got mine from a very reputable dealer. I watched the mechanic go over it as I was doing all the paper work. Personally if this were my mower having all these issues. I would ask for a new one.

Hustler manual says you replace oil at 6hr, Kawasaki manual says 8hr. I was going to wait until 8hr

Big-Al

Threads
I had 6.9 before I started mowing. Rain was on its way so I mowed and had a Lil over 10 on it.