Need to identify these engines

arch252

Well-Known Member
Can anyone identify these engines and give me any info about them? I don't have them. I have someone who has them and has asked me if I can restore them. I've never seen these engines before.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4047.jpg
    IMG_4047.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4048.jpg
    IMG_4048.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4050.jpg
    IMG_4050.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4051.jpg
    IMG_4051.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 14
Found these
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4055_1474473288078.jpg
    IMG_4055_1474473288078.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4056_1474473287785.jpg
    IMG_4056_1474473287785.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 10
Okay, I found it, Lauson V-25. Any idea if any parts are available? Can anyone point me in the right direction for resources for parts and info?
 
The points and condenser might be the same as the later model Tecumseh engines. The magnetos will be made by Phelan or Wico. The carb is probably a Tillottson or Carter. Most likely have the name and model on it. The recoil starter on the far left engine was made by Schnake (sp?).
 
From what I can tell on the model #, the WA is W=Wico starter, A=Walbro carburetor. I have no idea about the second engine. I found available carb gasket kits but I can't find any engine gasket kits, I may have to make some. He's bringing me the engines today, actually he's bringing me the whole mowers. Can't wait to get a closer look at them and see if they have the potential to get running again.
 
Back
Top