Export thread

Need to cut but the rain is cold on my neck!

BHLC

BHLC

Guess I'm going to have some office time this afternoon...

Attachments

M

mowerman05

Your not the only one, lots of us out here in the same boat.:thumbdown:

X-man

X-man

I just got home.:laughing:

Was driving my lawn tractor to the compost pile when it started downpouring. Came home soaking wet:laughing::laughing:

BHLC

BHLC

This pic was just the pre soak! It came down in bucket fulls about a minute later! Hopefully tomorrow will give a reprieve.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

So I wanted to get some lawns mowed today before Memorial Day. I looked at the radar and there were some showers but it looked like they were going to stay off to the southeast. Well, the part I saw did but more formed when I had just started mowing and after maybe 10 minutes it started to rain. Not heavy at first, but then it got to a torrential downpour. I finally decided to stop mowing, and I put my equipment under the person's sheltered front porch. I waited the storm out, but I couldn't wait the whole time so I got a towel and put it over my weedwacker's engine, then ran it home...then did the same with my blower....and then when I brought my mower home the rain had stopped, the sun was out, and it was muggy. I hope to finish the other 95% of the lawn this evening. When it was all said and done, my clothes were SO wet that they just hung on me, but I didn't care. It actually felt good. We needed the rain...I just wish it would do it in the evening/overnight! :rolleyes:

DSCN6902.jpg DSCN6932.jpg

X-man

X-man

So I wanted to get some lawns mowed today before Memorial Day. I looked at the radar and there were some showers but it looked like they were going to stay off to the southeast. Well, the part I saw did but more formed when I had just started mowing and after maybe 10 minutes it started to rain. Not heavy at first, but then it got to a torrential downpour. I finally decided to stop mowing, and I put my equipment under the person's sheltered front porch. I waited the storm out, but I couldn't wait the whole time so I got a towel and put it over my weedwacker's engine, then ran it home...then did the same with my blower....and then when I brought my mower home the rain had stopped, the sun was out, and it was muggy. I hope to finish the other 95% of the lawn this evening. When it was all said and done, my clothes were SO wet that they just hung on me, but I didn't care. It actually felt good. We needed the rain...I just wish it would do it in the evening/overnight! :rolleyes:

View attachment 14567 View attachment 14568

Can barely see how wet the ground is but I took this when I was down at the compost pile on Wednesday. All my friends were laughing at me when they saw me driving my mower in the rain:laughing:

Attachments

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Can barely see how wet the ground is but I took this when I was down at the compost pile on Wednesday. All my friends were laughing at me when they saw me driving my mower in the rain:laughing:

Yeah the mower looks soaked...which means you were, also! :laughing:

BHLC

BHLC

I've got my rain gear that keeps me dry, however my boots, not so much! My Z doesn't do well in puddles either!

Carscw

Carscw

We had no rain today. But grass was still wet and tall.

Pulled the mower off the trailer at the first yard and found a big pile of grass under the deck from cutting in the rain the past week. Guess it falls off the deck when the trailer bounces down the road. Not a bad day 12 hours and 16 yards.

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

BHLC

BHLC

The rain was so torrential that I only got one done today. I have to do 11 cemeteries tomorrow. Hopefully there will be a little break to get them done.

X-man

X-man

Yeah the mower looks soaked...which means you were, also! :laughing:

Yes I was:laughing: Also took the opportunity to wipe it down:laughing:

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

The rain was so torrential that I only got one done today. I have to do 11 cemeteries tomorrow. Hopefully there will be a little break to get them done.

I think you might need more than a "little break" to do 11 cemeteries.....WOW! :eek:

Carscw

Carscw

That's a lot of cutting. Was asked to do one a few weeks ago. Have never done one just looks like a pain in the butt

BHLC

BHLC

That's a lot of cutting. Was asked to do one a few weeks ago. Have never done one just looks like a pain in the butt

They're not that big, the largest has about 100 stones. shouldn't be more than 5 hours or so

BHLC

BHLC

These are a couple pics from last season

Attachments

X-man

X-man

I wouldn't mow in a cemetary. Sorry, but the thought of my lawn mower driving over dead people doesn't sound too pleasing.

BHLC

BHLC

It's great though! They don't care how it looks, when its done, how fast you go... Umm... Nevermind! Haha!

X-man

X-man

No but if I broke a headstone they would come back to haunt me. Slash my tires, cut my gas line, drain all the oil :shocked: lol

E

edd

back in feb and march i scraped frost off the lawnmower seat on 3 separate days

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

back in feb and march i scraped frost off the lawnmower seat on 3 separate days

I remember last fall in maybe late November seeing a lawn care company mowing a property early in the morning when the ground was white from a hard frost. I was thinking "that can't be good on the lawn!". Or would it just stunt the growth but not harm the grass?? :confused2:

LawnDawg84

LawnDawg84

I remember last fall in maybe late November seeing a lawn care company mowing a property early in the morning when the ground was white from a hard frost. I was thinking "that can't be good on the lawn!". Or would it just stunt the growth but not harm the grass?? :confused2:

Always been told that it burns the grass, as if the blades were to dull, or you mow short on the hottest day of the year, same reaction, but Idk for sure.

BHLC

BHLC

I cut frost in October last year, the result was a terrible cut and golf ball sized chunks of ice on my blade tips! It was a waste of time and I had to go back later on to give it a 1/4" trim to make it look good. It was however the final cut for the year!

BHLC

BHLC

Cut 8 places tonight to make up for being delayed by the rain. I'm almost caught up with more rain forecast for tomorrow

BHLC

BHLC

Hey! Guess what? It's still frickin raining!!! Another 3" predicted over the next 4 days!