Need some thoughts on billing issue!

BHLC

Threads
So I mow for an elderly gentleman in town. He is a weekly account has always paid cash and never wants his receipt. I bill him $60 a cut with a 10% senior discount, $54 total, It has been this way for two years. This year he asked for a monthly invoice, I agreed and sent his 1st of the year to him on the first. He calls me yesterday and asks why my price went up so much, he claims I always only charge him $45 per cut. I do have invoices on my computer that I keep track of and deposits of the $54 from him. As it is I'm losing money at $54 but because he is an 87 yr old nice guy I've just continued along with the price. Now he wants to pay $45! I can't do it. Any thoughts? This is the first time anyone has had issues with my billing. Dyslexia maybe? Making the $54 to $45?

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
So I mow for an elderly gentleman in town. He is a weekly account has always paid cash and never wants his receipt. I bill him $60 a cut with a 10% senior discount, $54 total, It has been this way for two years. This year he asked for a monthly invoice, I agreed and sent his 1st of the year to him on the first. He calls me yesterday and asks why my price went up so much, he claims I always only charge him $45 per cut. I do have invoices on my computer that I keep track of and deposits of the $54 from him. As it is I'm losing money at $54 but because he is an 87 yr old nice guy I've just continued along with the price. Now he wants to pay $45! I can't do it. Any thoughts? This is the first time anyone has had issues with my billing. Dyslexia maybe? Making the $54 to $45?

Show him what he's been paying and be honest and tell him you can't do it :/

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I bet you next time you cut his yard he will pay you the 54$ He is 87 and maybe getting his years mixed up

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

BHLC

Threads
I stopped by and spoke with him this afternoon, he said I was correct. I got worked up for no reason. Thanks for the responses

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I stopped by and spoke with him this afternoon, he said I was correct. I got worked up for no reason. Thanks for the responses

Good pr work. Glad you worked it out

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

AALC11

Forum Newbie
Threads
I had almost the same problem last year. I was getting 150 for a yard I did every other week. Got a call one day and was told that she could not continue to pay that price. After some talking and figuring we worked out a payment plan. Decent size payment every week for the entire year. Keeps a little extra money in her pocket and keeps my money coming in year round. Try that and see about how it would work out for you, good luck

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I had almost the same problem last year. I was getting 150 for a yard I did every other week. Got a call one day and was told that she could not continue to pay that price. After some talking and figuring we worked out a payment plan. Decent size payment every week for the entire year. Keeps a little extra money in her pocket and keeps my money coming in year round. Try that and see about how it would work out for you, good luck

I do this with a lot of my customers except I include all the fall and spring work so they pay a monthly price for 12 months I don't even have to do winter work and ill have enough money coming in to pay my bills