NEED some help with tecumpseh 7hp carburetor adjustment

skruzich

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / NEED some help with tecumpseh 7hp carburetor adjustment
I have a john deere model 57. Has a tecumpseh tvm-140 engine and a carb model number 632233A .
Its installed, brand new oem carb. Starts up good but when i move my lever from choke to fast run it will not speed up the engine to
a mowing speed. It stays in idle.

Cannot figure out what is causing this.

Help!

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Last edited:

skruzich

Forum Newbie
Threads
i have already done that. Thats why i am here cause it doesn't address the problem.

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
i have already done that. Thats why i am here cause it doesn't address the problem.

So, you are saying all parts are there and when you move the throttle lever the throttle PLATE on the carburetor moves?

skruzich

Forum Newbie
Threads
So, you are saying all parts are there and when you move the throttle lever the throttle PLATE on the carburetor moves?

the plate doesn't move when i use the lever, the linkage does but the plate doesn't.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you turn the throttle shaft on the carb by hand does the engine speed up. Maybe need to reset the static setting for the governor.

skruzich

Forum Newbie
Threads
Tecumseh Service Manuals look through this & see if it helps.

https://www.google.com/search?sourc...&oq=tec&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j69i57j0l4.4453j0j8

Is throttle cable operating properly? Are throttle return spring & governor springs worn out, stretched? Without starting engine move throttle cable lever to choke then fast then slow while watching cable move through positions at carburetor.
Ok.

I move the throttle cable from slow to choke. The lever in the plate pushes the choke butterfly when it is fully extended. while moving it towards choke, about halfway the governor pulls forward somewhat and moves the other butterfly next to the intake. it increases a little. i have already adjusted the little screw on the lever to push the second butterfly open more. i can't screw it in anymore. There is another screw in between those two butterflys and below the speed screw, that goes into the side of the carb with a torx screw. Not sure what that is for or what the adjustment on it is.

What doesn't happen is that it does go any faster on engine speed nor do the blades turn fast enough. This causes stalling when i mow and hit a thick patch of grass.

I don't think its a fuel/air mix problem as its a brand new oem carb. As far as springs they seem fine. There is one that goes from the lever to the governor and then one that goes from the tip of the governor to the second butterfly which it is in the same hole that it was in on the last carb.

skruzich

Forum Newbie
Threads
If you turn the throttle shaft on the carb by hand does the engine speed up. Maybe need to reset the static setting for the governor.

YES It does! I can speed it up and it runs at a great speed and all. Just can't get it to do that right now and am not having much luck at experimenting until i stumble on it