need service manual for Toro Snow thrower

Ida-Boy

Threads
I have searched the net for a service manual for my Toro Power Clear 621 R and have had no luck. Am I searching in vane? Have 2 units, will need to replace an engine in 1 of them.

Threads
I have searched the net for a service manual for my Toro Power Clear 621 R and have had no luck. Am I searching in vane? Have 2 units, will need to replace an engine in 1 of them.

I looked briefly, and could not find one either. Have you contacted Toro? I would suggest doing that since they might be able to direct you to one.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
To my knowledge Toro does not have a manual for that unit. Post the model and serial numbers, along with what you are looking for and I'll see if I can get you some info.

Ida-Boy

Threads
I haven't contacted Toro yet about a service manual.The only thing I can find is a manual that coover many models pre 1991 on eBay, and that won't help.

What I have is a 2012 model of a model # 38451. Bought last year I have less than 30 minutes run time on the motor. For some odd reason I stored the unit without oil, which is something thta I never do with all my machines from mower to edgers to tractors and motorcycles.
I fired it up 10 days ago and burnt up the motor, "My Bad" and I wanted to see how much work is involved in changing out the motor since the estimate is 2/3 labor.
I believe it has to completely come apart and I don't know if any special tools are needed.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
There is no service manual available for that unit. Also, there is no short block available. You will have to replace the engine. The part number is 19-1943 and lists for $212.01.

Threads
There is no service manual available for that unit. Also, there is no short block available. You will have to replace the engine. The part number is 19-1943 and lists for $212.01.

I don't know if it makes more sense in the long-run to replace the engine or the whole snowblower, since the price to replace the engine is like half of the price of the whole machine. :eek:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
In this case it makes a lot of sense to replace the engine. The blower is one year old. You will have new unit at less than half the cost.

Ida-Boy

Threads
That痴 what I found on the web, plus about $15 for shipping. The estimate for the repair being done was $417, and since the unit is still as close to brand new I was thinking of making the repair myself. I did buy a second unit, one with electric start just to have a snow thrower with my Grasshopper with a 48" blade.
If nothing else I can use the older unit for parts since everything is like new. But if I could replace the engine myself, well then I would have 2 units... one for each kid. :)
Do you know of any special tools or issues with the replacement or is it a simple r&r?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Wouldn't say that it is a simple R&R, but it is not extremely difficult. If you alot about 2 hours, give or take 30 minutes, depending on you skill level, with patience you should be able to handle it. No special tools needed.