Need LH HydroTansaxle for Snapper Pro Crusier

jeff74diesel

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Snapper Pro Crusier Model # MZM2200KH with a broken housing on the Left Hand transaxle. Tire went down while mowing and it went unnoticed long enough for the transaxle to hit a rock which cracked the housing and sent a chunk of metal into the gears. So I guess I needs the planetary gears inside as well. This part is unavailable from Snapper and the mfg. Eaton. My only hope is to find one used. The Snapper part number is 7059154. If anyone knows of a cross referance for this part that would be another option. I also have been trying to contact as many Snapper dealers as I can in hopes of finding someone that has the part from an old mower or knows the location of a mower to get the part from. My pump is good. It is the physical damage to the transaxle that has me down. I really hate to buy a new mower, this one has been such a great mower. Everything still works like new. Everything but the LH Transaxle that is. If this part can't be located, I may be parting out this mower.:thumbdown:

bartles

Threads
I ran across your post recently while searching for articles about the Cruiser. Just curious, what did you do about
your broken housing? I recently acquired a 33" Cruiser. (I see not much is out there about them or supporting the hydros.)

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
A very old thread but the OP had an Eaton LH Transaxle 771-090 which getting parts for is very to do. Matter of fact I have never found a source for Eaton parts. It appears that Eaton has left the lawn mower hydrostatic transaxle business.

Sherman Anderson

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Snapper Pro Crusier Model # MZM2200KH with a broken housing on the Left Hand transaxle. Tire went down while mowing and it went unnoticed long enough for the transaxle to hit a rock which cracked the housing and sent a chunk of metal into the gears. So I guess I needs the planetary gears inside as well. This part is unavailable from Snapper and the mfg. Eaton. My only hope is to find one used. The Snapper part number is 7059154. If anyone knows of a cross referance for this part that would be another option. I also have been trying to contact as many Snapper dealers as I can in hopes of finding someone that has the part from an old mower or knows the location of a mower to get the part from. My pump is good. It is the physical damage to the transaxle that has me down. I really hate to buy a new mower, this one has been such a great mower. Everything still works like new. Everything but the LH Transaxle that is. If this part can't be located, I may be parting out this mower.👎
My experience to rebuild a HydroGear transaxle was done last month for my walk-behind self-propelled Beeline Stump Grinder. If my memory serves me right, transaxles are made by two companies HydroGear and HydroTuff. If your search with Snapper fails try these two companies. I think both are located in Georgia. HydroGear went beyond my expectations for customer support. My issue was a leaky case seal (gasket) yet I disassembled it all the way In 2016. This year I made time to reassemble with my buddy‘s great help. YouTube videos were very helpful too especially the one that teaches to let the gasket seal firm up overnight. Then we tightened it in two stages, four hours apart. I’m so pleased with this project and wish you good luck with yours. If your tires are not tubed I suggest adding a sealant like Berryman or Slime or to put in new tubes. Both my stump grinders have Berryman sealant added and were rotated one hour on a slow-RPM wood lathe to spread the sealant evenly throughout the tire(s).