Need help with screw size

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I agree. Something is amiss. The 690700 is a lot longer screw. But of if I had the actual cover on had then I could verify which it is but I don't as walk behind rarely comes in the shop nowadays.

What I going by is the download IPL from Briggs.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I agree. Something is amiss. The 690700 is a lot longer screw. But of if I had the actual cover on had then I could verify which it is but I don't as walk behind rarely comes in the shop nowadays.

What I going by is the download IPL from Briggs.
Just got on parts tree with that model number and if you click on the 969A next to the 921Y it will open the part box, but if you do the same thing on the 921X the box doesn't work. But I suspect that the 691138 is the correct screw

upupandaway

Threads
1inch #6 drywall screws also do the trick..

Jolive

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks guys for all the help and info!! I replaced the carb and but lost those screws!! It runs great!!

MaceDocea

Forum Newbie
Threads
I understand you have a Craftsman model Briggs cultivator. The instruction manual lists part number 690700. It looks like the Craftsman parts diagram lists part 690700 and the Briggs diagram lists it as 691138. However, they were both used on this model Briggs engine, depending on which decorative cover was used. You may be able to find the parts you need at scrooz.com.au, as they provide a wide range of high-performance screws. I hope that my advice was helpful to you and that you will be able to find the right mower cover screws.

Last edited: